Slave Application - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #21
BatistaFocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 65752
What I Drive: 2009 Vista Blue SE Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 BatistaFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sadly, it's an automatic. :/

I mean the housing for the lights, because I looked it up, and some come with the housing for blah blah, or I could just get the bulbs for much cheaper. I was just curious to what came with it so that I would know to buy the whole thing or just the bulbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #22
Dcl2049
MyCarBreaksAlot

Fan#: 18957
What I Drive: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 69 Dcl2049 Excellent Standing Member
"Halogen" lights are ordinary. There are high wattage ones to put out more light, and they WILL require new headlight wire connectors or you'll melt them. I've also heard of people melting headlight housings with them so I'd probably avoid those.

HIDs require a ballast and maybe some other stuff to work... basically you need a "kit" and can't just plug a HID bulb into a halogen socket.

And don't let anyone get on you about the auto, I've raced against lots of people with more power and manual transmissions and come out ahead. Just don't drag race and you're on a level playing field lol. I kinda envy your new auto though.
Dan - gumpcrew #4
[BBS][Borla][Focus Central][Hella][K&N][Koni][Lentech][Wings West]
#23 STS Wiregrass Region SCCA
Old 06-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #23
Tom-E09
Pimp'n ain't easy

Fan#: 59383
What I Drive: 2002 Gray ZTS

FF Reputation: 2 Tom-E09 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
DC thanks for correcting me...im not all that good when it comes to electrical stuff...

Batista..be glad you have an automatic, it comes in handy in stop and go traffic ( and in traffic jams)
Sedan Revolution #138SR Town Drunk
Team Dreamspeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazimusZX4ST View Post
I come speeding along and they think I'm all "lets run" when in reality its "MOVE YOU POS, IT'S BURRITO TIME!"
God I love burritos.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:21 PM   #24
BatistaFocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Yeah, I wanted a manual, mostly for the experience of driving a manual, but since my parents paid the 4k down payment, they had to have some kind of say in my car. :P

And thanks for the light help, I'll be sure to stay away from H.I.D.'s then, and I'll just find some nice bulbs for my lights.

Does anyone know how much ambient lighting from Ford would cost? I tried looking but i was kinda out of luck. Or of a Houston local place that'll sell/install me some? I really wish I had that option, but it completely slipped my mind in the heat of the battle.

And BTW, call my Billy, Rains, or Billy Rains. Batista is my fofo's name.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #25
Tom-E09
Pimp'n ain't easy

Fan#: 59383
What I Drive: 2002 Gray ZTS

FF Reputation: 2 Tom-E09 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
You got it Billy!
Sedan Revolution #138SR Town Drunk
Team Dreamspeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazimusZX4ST View Post
I come speeding along and they think I'm all "lets run" when in reality its "MOVE YOU POS, IT'S BURRITO TIME!"
God I love burritos.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:42 AM   #26
BatistaFocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

thanks, haha.

I was weaving my way through the forums earlier and noticed something that gave me a question.

If I were to get the FRPP kit to drop my focus, is there anything else I'd need?

Bookmarks & Social Networks