Final thread on SVT Seat Swap..... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Interior Mods & Upgrades

SVT Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the 2002-204 SVT Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2009, 02:05 AM   #1
RSVT170
FocusRush

Fan#: 28451
What I Drive: '13 ST2 & '05 ZXW

Points 14,879, Level 79
Points: 14,879, Level: 79 Points: 14,879, Level: 79 Points: 14,879, Level: 79
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 42 RSVT170 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Final thread on SVT Seat Swap.....

I have read through just about every single SVT seat swap thread and I have yet to find a good write up on how to wire them up. Lets make this the last thread on the subject since there are sooooooooooooooo many threads on it with people asking the same questions. So, here is the question again, and hopefully one of you guys on here can take a few minutes and help everyone out.

General Wiring
I have a 2007 ZX3 SE with a set of 2002 SVTF seats in it. How do I wire them in? I have tried to remove the individual plugs from the plastic thing and pulg each one in individually with no success. If I have to cut the wires and splice in the ones from the original seat to the SVT seats, what goes to what?

Seat Belt
If all of the above gets wired in, do the seat belts from the original seats need to be swapped over in order for the sensors to work?

Air Bags
My '07 came with the side impact air bags, will wiring them up correctly make the ones in the SVTF seats functional and get the idiot light to turn off?

Power Seat
I saw nothing that the power seat plug could plug into. Do I just draw off of any 12V source? Does it need to be a remote wire or can it be a constant 12V?

Photos and/or easy to read diagrams showing wire colors would be extremely helpful. As information comes in, I'll post the answers under the questions. Also, if there are no photos available, I can take them while wiring in my seats and I'll post them up for anyone ease that needs the information.

PLEASE HELP! I know there are some of you electrical gurus out there that could do this stuff in your sleep! :-) I'm hoping that if the correct information gets posted with some good diagrams and photos, this thread can get archived.

Here are the answers to some related Frequently asked questions. (If you can think of more, I'll edit this first thread and add it in.)

1. What years will the SVT seats fit into?
- The front seats will fit into all foci of all body styles including the '08 and '09 coupes and sedans.
- The rear seats will only fit in ZX3 ZX5 and station wagon (ZTW) body styles with no modification. Sedans are a definite no go.

2. Do I need to use the seat rails from my original front seats ?
- No. The mounting points for all foci are the same in the front.

3. What colors do the SVT seats come in?
- In the U.S., there were 3 different styles of SVT seats.
- Black leather with red cloth inserts
- Black leather with blue cloth inserts
- Black full leather RECCARO
- The mounting points and wiring is the same for the Reccaros as all other SVT seats.

4. (Rear seats) There are four mounting points for the 60 40 split rear seats, but only two holes in my car. Will they fit?
- Yes, they will fit and most people do not use the center mounting points on the seat bottoms.
- It is possible to drill through and use bolts top properly secure the seats.

5. I have a 2000-2001 ZX_ with rear headrests, will they fit in the SVT rear seats?
- From what I understand, the answer is no. (I could be wrong on this) The distance between the holes for the rear headrests to go into on the few ZX3's that came with them is wider.
- Similar subject, the rear head rests will not fit on the front seats and vice versa.

Bookmarks & Social Networks