autocrossing - best vehicles for autox - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #7
jayel579
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64031
What I Drive: 2006 Mustang GT, 2002 Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 2 jayel579 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto-X-ZTS View Post
Being successful at autocrossing is more driver than car--put another way, a fast driver in a slow car will beat a slow driver in a fast car
That is someone who knows what he is talking about.

The focus is not a bad car for autocross at all. Stock class not great better at street-prepared level. SVTF are a G-stock car, no way they will beat the Cooper S. They go into DSP which is pretty much dominated by non M3 series BMW. The ZX3 is an H-Stock car but it may be under powered to the Mazada3 and base Coopers. Someone trophied in FSP at nationals with a ZX3 this past year.

Now this is all based off of national competition, not everyone is at that level or even cares to be. I like to because I would like to know how good I am, competition makes you better. That is just my opinion on that. Locally these cars are more then sufficient and are quite good.

Bookmarks & Social Networks