2008 Halo Projector Headlights Install - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-20-2009, 10:31 PM   #11
m3grady2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58598
What I Drive: 2008, silver, Ford Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 m3grady2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arasky View Post
weird..... did you read that post i sent about wiring the stuff? i can find them again if you need it. i know you need to tap into your parking light switch (or other source if you want) in order for the power...i dont know if you just assumed they would turn on when plugged in. i dont think there are sidemarkers on these after market ones. if you get a chance can you post a pic of the bulb so i can understand how the heck its hi and lows? btw THOSE LIGHTS ARE BALLER. it makes the car's front look mean as hell. the only thing i may not like are that the turning signals look really wide, but i can deal. is the turning signal the same type as before? i have silverstar turning signals so they look blue but flash amber, and id love to keep them.

EDIT: i've never had to wire headlights before so im not gonna be the best person to consult you on that, but those other threads were fairly straightforward on what to do, so maybe pm one of them.

cool yea i looking over them now, yea the turn signals work just like the stock ones so thats good.. yea i assumed the led's would be plug and play too, i posted a pic of the back where the led plug is at, so i dunno lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2009, 10:36 PM   #12
arasky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54776
What I Drive: -

FF Reputation: 7 arasky Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
cool yea i looking over them now, yea the turn signals work just like the stock ones so thats good.. yea i assumed the led's would be plug and play too, i posted a pic of the back where the led plug is at, so i dunno lol
by turn signals i meant are they the same ones that were used in your old housing? The leds/halos arent really plug and play because they dont have anything to "plug" into. Where the headlights/turn signals theres an connector that has wires to sends power and to sends the signal (to turn on/blink). What most people do, and ill end up doing so its a lot easier, is to hack into that parking signal connector, and connect the wires to send the power. That little red tab i cant tell if thats supposed to plug into something else, which might have pigtail wires coming off the end (used to splice into parking lot wires) or if the red tab comes off and those are your wires. hope that helps you understand it a little bit better.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:14 PM   #13
m3grady2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58598
What I Drive: 2008, silver, Ford Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 m3grady2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by arasky View Post
by turn signals i meant are they the same ones that were used in your old housing? The leds/halos arent really plug and play because they dont have anything to "plug" into. Where the headlights/turn signals theres an connector that has wires to sends power and to sends the signal (to turn on/blink). What most people do, and ill end up doing so its a lot easier, is to hack into that parking signal connector, and connect the wires to send the power. That little red tab i cant tell if thats supposed to plug into something else, which might have pigtail wires coming off the end (used to splice into parking lot wires) or if the red tab comes off and those are your wires. hope that helps you understand it a little bit better.
oh ok i see what you're saying, i'll have to double check on the turn signal bulbs they appeared to be the same but i didn't pull them out to double check
Old 05-21-2009, 01:12 AM   #14
foucs09nyman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64171
What I Drive: 2009,vapor silver,SEL sedan

FF Reputation: 1 foucs09nyman Good Standing Member
are they really worth getting because i would have to change my hid bulb
PLEASE DONT COPY {THE DEMON OF THE EAST} aka the LED MASTER and the first multicolored halo foglights. SEDAN REVO #169
Old 05-21-2009, 06:53 AM   #15
Troyftw
Big Blue 2.0

Fan#: 56501
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 13 Troyftw Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
first off... where in md are you from? and why haven't I seen you at any MA meets?

secondly... those look freakin sweet

[Insert other Crazy Wacky Stuff Here]
Old 05-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #16
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Fan#: 54975
What I Drive: 08 Sedan SE Vista Blue

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing MemberBradWhite Excellent Standing Member
When I put the LEDs in my headlights I tapped into the parking lights to power them.

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6
Old 05-21-2009, 08:59 AM   #17
06Roush
Banned

Fan#: 45862
What I Drive: Frankenstien

FF Reputation: 60 06Roush Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
nice i like them! now u need an o9 coupe grill black to match the lights.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:10 AM   #18
daveyboy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 61480
What I Drive: 06 Mustang GT, 09 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 7 daveyboy Good Standing Member
Those lights look sick good job oh and def get the 09 grill.
Wheel gap is like a vagina the more fingers you can fit in the worse it is.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #19
foucs09nyman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64171
What I Drive: 2009,vapor silver,SEL sedan

FF Reputation: 1 foucs09nyman Good Standing Member
i need to know about the hid lights thing so i can get it
PLEASE DONT COPY {THE DEMON OF THE EAST} aka the LED MASTER and the first multicolored halo foglights. SEDAN REVO #169
Old 05-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #20
arasky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54776
What I Drive: -

FF Reputation: 7 arasky Good Standing Member
the bulbs ARE h9. so yes, your gonna have to get new hids if you want them hooked up. stagtune (on the vendor buy specials) sells them for 100 shipped, backed by a LIFETIME warranty

Bookmarks & Social Networks