Needing some help... - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > South East Fanatics > Fanatics: KY, NC, SC

Fanatics: KY, NC, SC Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Kentucky, North Carolina and South Carolina areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-21-2009, 07:55 AM   #1
sonicblue02
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35993
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 8 sonicblue02 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Needing some help...

The automotive teacher at the school I teach at had two students make the finals in the Ford AAA contest. For thoes that don't know, the Ford AAA contest is held for Highschool students. The students first take a written test then the students with the top scores in the state go on to a pratical competition. In the pratical competition the students have to de-bug brand new cars that the judges have messed with. This year the car they have to work on is the new Focus. This is the first time, for several years, the Automotive instructor at my school has had students to place.

The problem that he has is that he can't get a car like the one the students will be having to de-bug at the competition. I was hoping that someone, in the upstate aera, would be willing to offer up their new 08 Focus for his studetns to just LOOK over. They won't break it then attempt to fix it or anything like that. They just want to see how the taillights are held in, the bulbs get changed, where certin things are located and so on.

I teach the Auto Collision program and would be willing to wash, detail, polish or maby even do a LITTLE body work, for anyone that was willing to do this.

The school is located in Greenville County off of I385. If your inturested just shoot me a PM or you can e-mail me at stsloan@greenville.K12.sc.us.

Thanks

Last edited by sonicblue02; 04-21-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 34 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
tell the kids congrats on placing! sorry i dont have an 08 focus but im sure you can find some1 on here that will help you out. as a matter of fact i bet you could talk a ford dealership into letting you borrow one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 04-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #3
sonicblue02
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35993
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 8 sonicblue02 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Dealerships used to let some schools get a new car for a few days but another career center that won a few years back fried the computer in the car they had and since then it has been hard to get one. The automotive instructor has been trying for a week now to get his hands on one.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #4
s_montgomery
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49008
What I Drive: 2000 Black SE, 80 Fairmont, 70 Elky

FF Reputation: 5 s_montgomery Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
do they have the new foci at rentals yet? maybe you could get one from an enterprise for the weekend and let them tinker with it.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
Blackcatn2o
soon to be turbo!

Fan#: 48278
What I Drive: 06 silver ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 48 Blackcatn2o Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_montgomery View Post
do they have the new foci at rentals yet? maybe you could get one from an enterprise for the weekend and let them tinker with it.
Thats a good idea! then go drag racing an autox with it for fun.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #6
pitchedblack04
Bewst Anyone!!!

Fan#: 62993
What I Drive: 2004 turbo'd svt

FF Reputation: 7 pitchedblack04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
^^^^ just make sure you get the insurance... haha

Good luck with getting the car. Id help you out too but i dont have an 08 either.

Bookmarks & Social Networks