Yellow ! light comes on - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #11
volcom8716
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 51408
What I Drive: 01 twilightblue wedge

FF Reputation: 2 volcom8716 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i got a 5 spd and my car would cut out and idle funny at red lights start back up and idle funny but when i drove everything was ok, i needed a new mass airflow sensor so try to clean it..... worth a shot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #12
volcom8716
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 51408
What I Drive: 01 twilightblue wedge

FF Reputation: 2 volcom8716 Good Standing Member
oh and i think this is ( ! ) the tpms light,
Old 03-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #13
rgvtx
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 61243
What I Drive: 2001 SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 rgvtx Good Standing Member
Problem Solved, Finally...

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, but I sort of stumbled into the problem yesterday and it wasn't any of the ideas mentioned. For those of you who mentioned you have a similar problem when hitting a bump, listen up.
I ran into a mechanic at a local Ford dealership and I mentioned the problem I was having. We live on a very rough road and I figured it had something to do with all the bumps the Focus has to pass over daily. He said now and then you find a broken wire, or even a loose wire that will kill the engine and cause the yellow idiot light to come on. He told them the name of the wire, but of course now I don't recall what it was. Anyway, it the black wire connected to the ground cable at the battery post. The large cable is of course the main ground, and there is a medium size as well as a small size wire. He said to check the medium size. I figured I would just grasp the wire and bend and wiggle it looking for a possible break, but I didn't have to go any further than the terminal. It seems the nut that holds those two smaller wires was loose for some reason. I've never taken that nut off for any reason, and as I said before I've owned this car since new in '01. Also, it only has around 45 thousand miles on it.
So, a simple solution to what seemed like a problem with no solution.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:45 PM   #14
Doomedsoccer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53900
What I Drive: 2000 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 2 Doomedsoccer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcom8716 View Post
i got a 5 spd and my car would cut out and idle funny at red lights start back up and idle funny but when i drove everything was ok, i needed a new mass airflow sensor so try to clean it..... worth a shot
When i cleaned my intake filter the (!) light stopped and the problems stopped but i took it to get checked and they said it was the mass air flow sensor. I think i will replace the flow sensor next.
Zetec Crew #279/ Rocky Mountain Crew #1
Old 03-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #15
domesplit
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19448
What I Drive: 2002 ZX5 and 2003 SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 domesplit Good Standing Member
I had the same problem. Like stated above it was a loose connection on my battery. Also every time the yellow light came on I also heard a thump in my auto transmission that scared the hell out of me. I could also see how it could be a coil pack though. But ever since I tightened all the battery connections the problem went away.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #16
bumble21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95826
What I Drive: 2001, Black&Yellow, ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bumble21 Good Standing Member
Old thread resurrected, I had this light come on today on the highway. I was driving everything was fine and I switched on my blower motor (heat not ac my ac doesn't work) and the car took a nose dive. Any ideas on what it could have been?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #17
bumble21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95826
What I Drive: 2001, Black&Yellow, ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bumble21 Good Standing Member
It's a 2001 zx3 manual trans btw I always forget to post that >.<
Old 10-11-2012, 05:06 AM   #18
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
To get the best help, you should start your own thread, and give as much information about the car as possible if reading this old thread didn't give you any ideas about what to do to solve your problem.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks