Winter Build Thread: 2.0/2.3L FrankenMotor version2.0 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
honhon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 24778
What I Drive: a better car than a focus.

FF Reputation: 219 honhon Excellent Standing Member honhon Excellent Standing Member honhon Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Winter Build Thread: 2.0/2.3L FrankenMotor version2.0

Well, lets start off by saying the first thread was highly successful!

And that all the commotion is behind us... so lets progress!

but first!

a REVIEW!

Motor Plans are as follows:

2.0 Liter duratec block, stock bore and stroke

2.3L cylinder head, unknown fate, and will be a secret P&P job

Clevite Main and Rod Bearings

ARP Head & Main studs

Supertech Superflo Valve

Supertech Pistons approx compression shooting for is 11.5:1 roughly

Rods are unknown as of yet, may go with the F2 rods, purely on price, and to give them a formal review.

Cosworth Water pump pulley, its larger, so it'll underdrive the water pump and stop cavatation at higher RPM's

Cosworth high volume oil pump

Block and head will be an alluminum color with gold painted bolts

Cams are set to be cosworth stage 2's but may stay with my crane stage 2's

Super tech dual Valve springs @ 85lbs

polished crank to let new bearings seat

2.5inch SS exhaust will be on by the time the new motor is put in, and the exhaust will be coated, so i can remove the rattling heatshield under the car.

Custom painted valve cover, im undecided at the moment, i may go with Spoon Sports yellow, as i have sold my liquid grey valve cover to focusboy.

Parts that I already have are as follows:

2.0Liter block
2.3L cylinder head
ARP mainstuds(installed)
clevite main bearings(installed

Random motor bolts are being painted off and on, depending on their condition.

there will be various installs and such that i'll show, such as the rear main seal, water pump and stuff like that, that im not including in my post, but i guarantee ill be posting as many pictures as possible!

The end result of this project is to have a very well rounded car, and i plan to show many different things along the way, including my ideas for an A/C delete and power steering delete, which the power steering delete i hope to help alot of people with to pick up a couple of extra ponies and make the steering nice and crisp.

some stuff wont be duratec specific, but a majority will be. I hope this thread will help many people in the future!

thats all i can think of at the moment... if i remember stuff i forgot, i'll update it...

and incase anyone is wondering... i purchase the motor from LKQ online, off of ebay for $90 shipping was alittle much, because of the weight, but the motor only cost $90 and ive pretty much made that back up by selling off the parts im not going to use or reuse, such as the pistons and rods and such.

anyways... onto the pictures!

----

here she sat after getting home from the christmas parade

box taken apart

ready to be torn down!

TB(which is forsale, PM me if you want it)

crappy oil filter, FL910 is the way to go!

block heater sinse its from canada, still have it forsale at the moment

cam lobe threw the oil fill

P/S timing cover engine mount still intact, the timing cover is also for sale

that concluded the first night, so i put the bag back on it and slid it out of the way so i could get tools home and start tearing it apart

----

TB removed

backside of the waterpump

valve cover removed

no sludge in the head

gooseneck removed

mmm salt

another shot of the gooseneck... theres a picture below of it painted

me working

pulling the gooseneck off

i like this picture

working again