Under $30 mods here! - Page 17 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-31-2008, 09:58 AM   #161
HotRodWagon
CostraNostraTabasco

Fan#: 145
What I Drive: 02 Infra ZTW

FF Reputation: 25 HotRodWagon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFire1986 View Post
^^The site says those strut tower caps are for 00 to 04 only. Any reason they wouldn't fit an 05 to 07?

I assume they woul, but figured I'd ask...
If the strut nut sits above the opening, the cap will not fit. Check yours to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #162
jbodin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 59223
What I Drive: 2003 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 jbodin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benc323 View Post
is there any way you can give me the dimensions of those caps...might use them for something else. especially the inner circle diameter. is the bottom rubbery at all? or is it all plastic? thanks.
These are sort of a harder plastic -- similar to what's used on the Focus interior center console, for example . . . not very rubbery, but not brittle, either. I'd probably have to pop them out to get the inner circle diameter -- you might drop them a line at JoeFocus.com to see if they can get the measurements for you.

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

2003 CD Silver ZX3, 5-speed mtx, stock SVT flex-back exhaust, short-throw shifter, SVT upper grill
Old 11-08-2008, 08:17 AM   #163
Snoopyto
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 58480
What I Drive: 08 FEH

FF Reputation: 1 Snoopyto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefront View Post
Here's a different sort of mod that costs almost nothing, and yet could save your life. Bet you've never seen anything like this before.....what is it?

Interested? Here's the whole story....try to be careful.
While this is a novel idea, I can't help but echo those before me, this can be construed as a concealed weapon. If you do not have a permit, prepare yourself for a ride to the local jail, if your car will to be searched. The same thing as far as making a hidden compartment to hide a weapon. It can easily lead to siezure of your ride. This would irrevelant whether you are found gilty or not. Concealed compartments are illegal in many states.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:45 AM   #164
bluefront
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 56816
What I Drive: 2006 white ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 146 bluefront Excellent Standing Memberbluefront Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
"Disclaimer.....I would suggest you get a carry permit for this setup." A lot depends on where you do your driving, and the particular state laws. It's a shame honest citizens are prevented by some backward laws from self-defense....while the bad guys do as they please.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #165
Brindfan
Infidel

Fan#: 48126
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 25 Brindfan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I know of three states where you can carry a loaded pistol or revolver concealed in your car without a permit. Alaska, Colorado, and Vermont.
Team Duratec #58 L.O.T.H. #40 B.T.T.C. #3
ATX Faction #37 Rocky Mtn. Crew #3
Old 11-24-2008, 12:00 AM   #166
evanjfrancis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58870
What I Drive: 2001 Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 11 evanjfrancis Great Standing Member
this thread cant die, its way too inspiring to die...
Old 11-24-2008, 12:06 AM   #167
jgustafson
Banned

Fan#: 49925
What I Drive: 2004 red SVT ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 jgustafson Good Standing Member
I won't let it die! I have LED liscence plate bulbs to post up. I have to say my under $30 mod ballooned because I now have to spend $70 on a new wiring harness from Ford after teh OEM bulb burst and oxidized all the connections in the hatch. The one that works looks great though!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:45 PM   #168
Toolman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27202
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX3,Egg Yolk Yellow

FF Reputation: 1 Toolman Good Standing Member
tinted tails - Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhh02a View Post
what about VHT nightshade you taillights --- i would do it but Texas wont let me :(
I'm in DFW, and tinted my tails months ago pretty heavily - have never been stopped - except for two speeding tickets where they didn't care about my tinted tails!
Team Duratec #20, ATX Faction #11
Enkei wheels,HPS Intake, Ported TB, Tein S Tech springs,SVT shocks,Billet Grills,Debadged,Custom Exhaust,Black Headlights,tinted tails & markers,12" Polk GNX124 Sub, Polk db571 front speakers, Panasonic HU.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:12 PM   #169
Toolman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27202
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX3,Egg Yolk Yellow

FF Reputation: 1 Toolman Good Standing Member
corner guards and paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefront View Post
I've always assumed the term "clear corners" meant clear lens side marker light assys.....Ebay $20. Here's my HD lip mod also.

Hey bluefront, I've got a question and an idea for ya.
- How long have you had those big corner guards on your car? I saw them in an auto store once and thought of exactly what you did with them, but was afraid they wouldn't last long, bent around the corner like that.
- then - it kinda looks like you already painted part of your lower grill, but did you see this thread by chance? It looks really cool on this other guy's white car, and I did it on my yellow car and love it too:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ighlight=white
Team Duratec #20, ATX Faction #11
Enkei wheels,HPS Intake, Ported TB, Tein S Tech springs,SVT shocks,Billet Grills,Debadged,Custom Exhaust,Black Headlights,tinted tails & markers,12" Polk GNX124 Sub, Polk db571 front speakers, Panasonic HU.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:57 AM   #170
bluefront
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 56816
What I Drive: 2006 white ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 146 bluefront Excellent Standing Memberbluefront Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Concerning those bumper corner guards......got them at Advance Auto about six months ago on clearance. They are extremely flexible, so they go around bends well. The rears were a problem because the rear bumper is not flat where the things attach. So I added a second layer of double-stick tape on all the outer edges. They've been on over five months without problems.

I've seen that particular way of painting the lower grill before. Not bad.....but I like the way mine looks better, although masking it off was tedious.

This thread is in need of more cheap mods......

Bookmarks & Social Networks