Common Ford Focus Transmission Problem, How to fix - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #21
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Added to the 'HOW TO ARCHIVE'......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2008, 06:12 PM   #22
keifer56
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 52794
What I Drive: '01 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 keifer56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Slipping Tranny

hi , got the PO761 code & also PO734 , changed the "A" solenoid , filter & fluid ,, but it didn't help ,,do u have a diagram of the solenoids , i think it might b the "C" solen. but don't know which 1 it is ,,thanks ,,keith ,,
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #23
wolfem631
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 61643
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 wolfem631 Good Standing Member
Shift Solenoid "b"

Hi and thank you for the information you've already listed.

I am looking all over for a SHIFT SOLENOID "B" for my 2003 Ford Focus, 2.0. I had Autozone read my code and this is what it says...P0755 OBDII. I cannot find anything about a shift solenoid b anywhere! When I asked the parts dude at the dealer he was unfamiliar with it and according to his computer, the replacement solenoids were not listed as A, B, C, etc...

According to some of the drawings I've found, it looks like the A and B could be the same part??? Is that the case? Maybe the A or B designates location, not type??? Just trying to get this part ordered so I can fix it!

PS--here is what the parts dude at the dealer offered me...a shift solenoid package for $120ish and the turbine shift for $30ish.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #24
Steve89
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 61870
What I Drive: 1991 Ford Ranger

FF Reputation: 1 Steve89 Good Standing Member
Hey,

I just thought I'd post and let other people know that this is great information.

A friend of mines daughters '03 Focus had a transmission problem, (something with the pinion bearing) and he went out and bought a used tranny from the wreckers. Well, after it had been installed there was no fourth gear when overdrive was enabled.

He asked me if I could fix the problem or at least give him advice before he brought it back to the transmission shop. Well, after 10 minutes on google, I came across this post and it matched the symptoms exactly. Popped the oil pan off and the clips for two of the solenoids were all broken a beaten up. I'm pretty sure it was from the wrecker yard throwing the transmission around(old tranny pan was beaten to shit). Since I had access to the old transmission, I just took the solenoids off of that one. Had to re-solder a new plug for the solenoid in and replaced both beaten up solenoids.

Put her all back together, and the car shifted perfectly. My friend and his daughter are relieved to finally have the car working properly again.

Thanks

-Steve
Old 01-11-2009, 11:50 PM   #25
Steve89
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 61870
What I Drive: 1991 Ford Ranger

FF Reputation: 1 Steve89 Good Standing Member
Hey,

I just thought I'd post and let other people know that this is great information.

A friend of mines daughters '03 Focus had a transmission problem, (something with the pinion bearing) and he went out and bought a used tranny from the wreckers. Well, after it had been installed there was no fourth gear when overdrive was enabled.

He asked me if I could fix the problem or at least give him advice before he brought it back to the transmission shop. Well, after 10 minutes on google, I came across this post and it matched the symptoms exactly. Popped the oil pan off and the clips for two of the solenoids were all broken a beaten up. I'm pretty sure it was from the wrecker yard throwing the transmission around(old tranny pan was beaten to shit). Since I had access to the old transmission, I just took the solenoids off of that one. Had to re-solder a new plug for the solenoid in and replaced both beaten up solenoids.

Put her all back together, and the car shifted perfectly. My friend and his daughter are relieved to finally have the car working properly again.

Thanks

-Steve
Old 03-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #26
briandg510
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3966
What I Drive: 2001 Fort Knox Gold ZTS

Points 1,374, Level 20
Points: 1,374, Level: 20 Points: 1,374, Level: 20 Points: 1,374, Level: 20
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 118 briandg510 Excellent Standing Member briandg510 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Thanks for sharing. Good info for the community.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #27
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 25,851, Level 96
Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
I just hope Fords new Powershift 6speed auto trans doesnt have as many problems as our 4 speed atx does lol.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #28
a_2000_se
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62964
What I Drive: 2000 SE SOHC SPI, Compression @ 164

Points 4,699, Level 43
Points: 4,699, Level: 43 Points: 4,699, Level: 43 Points: 4,699, Level: 43
Level Up 75% Completed
Level up: 75% Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 15 a_2000_se Great Standing Member
Good to see posts like this one. It is just as good to see posts from those that had problems and post a follow-up to their problem/fix/solution so all can learn from them.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:53 PM   #29
Henry Ford
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61680
What I Drive: 2002 white zts

FF Reputation: 1 Henry Ford Good Standing Member
Was going to work to day car was in 4th then RPM went way up I then had no OD I down shifted in to 2nd and it worked lock out overdrive and 3dr worked took off lock and 4th was not there left set at work for 8 hours and it was fine for 3or4 miles then it did it again this time my emition light came on went up the road in 3rd for one mile and the transmission was good the rest of the way home but light is on now?
Old 07-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #30
nardvark
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54394
What I Drive: 06 ZX4, 05 Mazda6 Wagon, 06 Miata

FF Reputation: 1 nardvark Good Standing Member
I would caution people against re-using old fluid. If it sits in a drain pan, it's very likely to collect dirt, random plant matter, dust, and anything else that's floating around in the air. You don't want that in your transmission. I think the advice is given so that you put the right amount back in (and don't overfill it by mistake), but a little care and you can put in the same amount of new fluid.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.