My SVT vs. GTI VR6 - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-20-2004, 06:02 PM   #31
essveetee
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1529
What I Drive: 2006 WRX 1984 VW Scirocco

FF Reputation: 1 essveetee Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Quote:
Originally posted by ZETEC3
Look at the R32 from a tuning aspect though. This is a small little hatch that has the potential to be putting down 600AWHP and still be a daily driver.
Very true, but consider the cost. Figure roughly $30k for the car, and then you gotta buy the kit. Have you seen the price yet? I can't remember off the top of my head (not like I'm gonna buy it), but I believe the HPA kit runs around $20k for that kind of power. I'll save my $50k+, thanks. I'll just buy a couple MK2 GTI's, a MK3 GTI VR6, and a Corrado...and I'd have money to mod the hell out of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2004, 09:14 PM   #32
turbocro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3688
What I Drive: 2k2 vw gti

FF Reputation: 1 turbocro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by ZETEC3
Look at the R32 from a tuning aspect though. This is a small little hatch that has the potential to be putting down 600AWHP and still be a daily driver.
yeah, but it's not cheap - once you add everything up, it'd probably cost about the same as a porsche

i dunno what the obsession is with awd, but unless im living up in the mountains, i'd rather keep my drivetrain losses to a minimum - different strokes, different folks

can i get a mr drummond pic?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2004, 09:16 PM   #33
turbocro
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by essveetee
Very true, but consider the cost. Figure roughly $30k for the car, and then you gotta buy the kit. Have you seen the price yet? I can't remember off the top of my head (not like I'm gonna buy it), but I believe the HPA kit runs around $20k for that kind of power. I'll save my $50k+, thanks. I'll just buy a couple MK2 GTI's, a MK3 GTI VR6, and a Corrado...and I'd have money to mod the hell out of them.
or combine them and make a vr6 turbo mk2 w/a corrado front end

keep an eye out in the vw classifieds, last year i missed the deal of a lifetime

mk1 rabbit, race engine, suspension, racing tires, the works, spare shell, 2 spare engines, bunch a crap from a local for $1,000 - still so pissed i missed it - just to mess around with and whip around the corners
Old 07-20-2004, 09:45 PM   #34
essveetee
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1529
What I Drive: 2006 WRX 1984 VW Scirocco

FF Reputation: 1 essveetee Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Last year I sold my project GTI, because it was taking up too much time with other things in my life (like everything). '83 GTI, cabby front end, euro bumpers, euro lights, interior restoration, 16v 'rocco rear suspension, 16v 'rocco rear disc brakes, MK3 10.1" front brakes, SS brake lines, 1.8 16v (bore out to 1.9 with custom JE forged pistons), Dellorto sidedraft carbs, and the list goes on. You don't even want to know how much I sold everything for...
Old 07-20-2004, 09:58 PM   #35
turbocro
Focus Enthusiast

sucks, on the other hand glad to see things are better (from your gti vw wrx debate)
Old 07-21-2004, 09:03 AM   #36
Beantown Focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1894
What I Drive: 2003 pitch black nike air force

FF Reputation: 1 Beantown Focus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by 04svtFO
no offense but the guy in the gti must have been a shittty driver i just sold my 2001 vr6 jetta it had a cold air, catback and denso plugs and it ran a 14.6 with the 75 shot of nos i was down to a 12.8 i have an 04 svtf now with driving them both without a doubt the vr6 would beat a svt any day, stock to stock that is
ok, i dont doubt that a modded vr6 is fast. I do however call BS on the fact that you said it went from a 14.6 to a 12.8 with just a 75 shot....unless you added some other serious mods a 75 shot is not going to drop 2 seconds off your time......this isnt 2f2f

if you have any way to prove me wrong please do....

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.