Took it to the Track! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
Tazman1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 57367
What I Drive: 2003 pitch Black svt Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Tazman1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Smile Took it to the Track!

Well, I decided to take the Little guy to the track last night. The wife drove the Cobra and I drove the Focus. The first time ever at the track with the car. I get to the staging lanes. It was not Pretty on my first attempt. Keep this in mind, I race a Bristol Speed way. The track was recently redone. The staging area is actually sloped back. So, for people who have manuals are experiencing roll back while at the light. SO, now to the story. I get up there and stage, I start to pull in to the staging beams. No problem yet. I bring the RPMS up. I get ready to launch. Then I feel the car roll back. Crap, this triggers the light and so I pull up. Double crap, I just Red lighted. I see the guy beside me take off. No big deal. I figure what the hell. I let him go, since he is driving a Zo6 corvette. I finally take off and run the gears. I get to the end and get my time slip.

The carnage of what I learned not what to do. The First Run..
R/T....LB3A
60'.....6.793
330'...11.553
1/8....15.401
MPH...63.86
1/4....21.493
MPH...80.41

Then I waited and watched the wife run the cobra. I got laughed at by all my friends. Even the wife was like, HA HA. I was like I have a new appreciation for Manuals at the track.

I went and let it cool down. I got back in line again around 10 pm. It was good and cool out. I sat in line talking to some friends of mine who have other SVT's. I finally got up to the staging lanes again. Now I was ready to redeem myself. I pull into the beams and stage I wait for the Yellow lights of the tree to come on. No problems this time with roll back. I see the lights coming on down the tree. I bring up the rpm's around 3,500. I see the lights go green. I let the clutch out and take off. No RED light this time. I see the other racer take off. Of course he passed me, its a friend of mine in his 04 cobra. He takes of light a bat out of hell. I'm doing my thing. I run 1st out to about 6,500 rpms. I hit second and run it to 6,500 again. I hit 3rd and kept in it till I past the traps.

I get to the time slip booth. Get my time slip. Here it is.
R/T..... .661
60'..... 2.623
330'.... 7.191
1/8..... 10.878
MPH.... 66.35
1000'... 14.067
1/4..... 16.770
MPH..... 83.84

Not the greatest times for me but it was fun. I did like shifting the gears and running the Little guy at the track.

My focus is still stock. I just wanted to see how it would do.

So what do you all think?

Bookmarks & Social Networks