Dash Color How To... (working link) - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-01-2007, 10:07 PM   #41
Bboybean
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24404
What I Drive: 2005 ZXR ST

FF Reputation: 1 Bboybean Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks tons

dallasmaybroda@cha.ab.ca.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2008, 05:57 PM   #42
cootch10683
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 33860
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue Ford Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 cootch10683 Good Standing Member
can someone also send me the file for this how-to... thanx in advance cootch1083@hotmail.com

Last edited by cootch10683; 02-07-2008 at 05:58 PM. Reason: forgot email address
Old 02-07-2008, 07:20 PM   #43
SuperFlea
Illegal Alien

Fan#: 28261
What I Drive: One Of Teh Hottest Wagons on FF!

FF Reputation: 44 SuperFlea Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (46)
Why do you guys keep posting "can some one send me the file" when i clearly stated for you to pm me your e-mail address.

Coot, i sent you the file.

I'm back, Itchbes!
Old 07-12-2008, 11:12 AM   #44
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The file is now hosted at

http://www.tigerheli.joymonkey.com/f...lor_how_to.doc

Thanks to RockyNBullwinkle for developing the file and SuperFlea for providing it to me.

Note - there is a fairly strong legal disclaimer on the file, but from reading it there is also a fairly high potential for damaging your car if you are inexperienced with soldering.

The file is about 8 megs, so please don't download it multiple times. I have access to the hosting site, but I don't pay the hosting bills, so if it becomes a problem, I may need to convert the file to HTML and move the images to Photobucket or similar.

Also, if the creator (RockyNBullwinkle, I believe) has any objections to the file being hosted, PM me and I will promptly (and regretfully) take it down.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:20 AM   #45
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

I still have a couple of questions after reading the guide.

First off, I know the cruise control buttons are not illuminated from the factory, and I was curious what would be involved in illuminating them. (On a 2002, at least. Are they illuminated on other Foci?).

Second I’m a bit confused on the HVAC cluster mod part of the guide. The HVAC buttons, radio, and door lock buttons required swapping green LED’s for blue or red LED’s. The (other) threads on changing the speedometer and odometer colors involved scraping off some green film and then allowing either colored bulbs, colored LED’s or stock bulb to shine through colored film on the existing markings.

From the guide, it looks like for the HVAC cluster, the green had to be sanded off, AND new stencils had to be made to replace the existing markings. Why couldn’t the existing markings still be used after scraping off the green film and replacing it with a different color or different colored bulbs? (Why were the stencils needed?)

Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #46
phoenixspade

Fan#:
I'm pretty sure that you need to actually sand the front of the bezel down and not the back which is why you would need stencils. If I am wrong please let me know cuz I want to do this but I'm not realy looking foward to stenciling and whatnot. Im out of the area but when I get back Im going to pull mine apart and check.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #47
phoenixspade

Fan#:
One more quick question, what size are those LEDs that are supposed to be replaced in both the door locks and the HVAC controls and where do you get them?

Old 07-16-2008, 02:27 PM   #48
02ZX5cominalive
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29946
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Grey ZX5 w/S2 kit

FF Reputation: 3 02ZX5cominalive Good Standing Member
I think, well its been 3 years since I did my locks and widow switches but I think that they are 3mm. I am not 100% on that but I think it is listed on the instructions what size you need to get.

Totally parted and scrapped.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #49
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixspade View Post
I'm pretty sure that you need to actually sand the front of the bezel down and not the back which is why you would need stencils. If I am wrong please let me know cuz I want to do this but I'm not realy looking foward to stenciling and whatnot. Im out of the area but when I get back Im going to pull mine apart and check.
I believe you are correct, now that I think about it. I was confused b/c the instructions showed a silver panel getting sanded down and a black panel getting the new stencils. So I thought the silver panel was under the black one, but I think it was an SVT and a non SVT (or modded to look like a non-SVT) and indeed - I guess instead of two layers and green LED's, this panel is white LED's and green paint with black paint over that.

Fun!!!

I'm not planning to do the mod - it was more curiosity for me, but in the other threads I've read, people were buying from v-leds, and you might also try superbrightLED's.

HTH!
Old 08-31-2008, 10:44 PM   #50
aheroicrevolt
le kittens meow

Fan#: 57964
What I Drive: 92 Burnt Orange Toyota Supra

FF Reputation: 2 aheroicrevolt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
one things for sure. this mod is mad hard.

Bookmarks & Social Networks