Welcome Newbies To FF - Page 18 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > New Members Check In!

New Members Check In! If you're new to Focus Fanatics, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-17-2008, 05:10 AM   #171
Castro_Bigdog
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 56938
What I Drive: 2008 Black 4 door Focus

FF Reputation: 5 Castro_Bigdog Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yo hello

Just like to say hi to everyone, just picked up a new focus 2008 4 door. I never was into small cars but I was always a fan of tuners. I always was into Z28s and Vetts, I had a 95 Z28 that was my lil race car but got rid of it.
I also was into Bikes, I just sold My 05 R1 that was lowered and extended 6 inch over with all the goodies, Nos, Shift kit the whole 9. My bike ran a 9.50 at 150 on the track with a street tire.
This is my 1st time with a smaller car and the 1st things I will be doing is tinting the windows, putting on a wet kit and adding some 18s to this baby. next step will be the exhaust on this baby.
again I dont know to know to much about the Focus game but I am willing to learn what ever you guys are willing to teach me about the whole thing. Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #172
slippymaybe
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 56949
What I Drive: "02" Silver Focus 1.6 zetec

FF Reputation: 1 slippymaybe Good Standing Member
Good Evening,
I'm Mark and as i speak, I'm Soooooooooo Glad my focus only has 16 Horses.
Petrol price here is getting out of hand, £1.18 a litre now and you can be sure it will be £1.19 in the morning, Happy Days?
Old 06-17-2008, 11:30 PM   #173
Ubie
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 56959
What I Drive: 2003 Silver ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Ubie Good Standing Member
Ubie=Newbie

Tried to post in general chat with no luck, we'll see how this goes :)

Hey, just picked up an '03 ZTS to replace my Jeep XJ. Really loved the Jeep forums and hoping i can find the same source of info and camaraderie here. To be honest i wasn't real happy to sell the Jeep, but gas prices got high enough that it made economic sense to buy a smaller car.

As for the car, here's what i got: Silver 2003 ZTS w/63k mi. 5sp, leather, blau stereo, moonroof, heated seats, cruise, fogs and a whole bunch of stuff i can't imagine i'll ever find a use for. It's a huge change from the XJ. Who knew that four wheel IS handled so much better than solid axles . I am loving having a stick again since it's been a long time, and i've been pleasantly suprised at how peppy the 4cyl is around town. I know it will take me a long time to get used to not having the I6 anymore, but i'm more than sure that doubling my gas mileage will make up for it.

So, anything particular to that year and trim level i should watch out for? The windshield wiper relay is starting to go (they won't return home properly), and the tires will need replacing in about 10k mi, but other than that everything seems great. I'm not much of a modder, but i'll probably replace the head unit with something i can plug my mp3 player into, so i'm sure i'll have questions for the audio guys and whatnot.

One important question before i go: OEM tire size is 205/50/R16, is it going to be safe to go to 205/55/R16 without any problems? At that size i can find the much cheaper passenger type tires instead of performance ones, and since this is a commuter car you get the idea. I know with the Jeep even seemingly minor tire changes can make drasting changes with rubbing and whatnot, but i have no idea with these babies, thanks.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #174
Phatnurd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 56972
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE Hatchback Race Red

Points 620, Level 12
Points: 620, Level: 12 Points: 620, Level: 12 Points: 620, Level: 12
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 2 Phatnurd Good Standing Member
Hey guys, I've had my focus for a while, and stumbled upon this site when looking for reviews on parts. So far this has been really good on my wallet! Saved me from bad buys, and found some good deals.

Focus ZX3, Dynomax exhaust, cold air intake... (I just started, there is more to come, just gotta wait for my next paycheck)
Old 06-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #175
jeepsearchrescueguy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 57075
What I Drive: 2008 vista blue se sedan

FF Reputation: 1 jeepsearchrescueguy Good Standing Member
jsrg's 08 focus se

haaaay guys im newbie here..
not used to being a newbie on a forum..lol

anyway i just traded in my old pos 02 pont g/p gt with 78k with a lot of problems for a 08 focus se.. to bad i wont start paying for the focus for a year as i was upside down on the pontiac..lol.. but hey 2 less cylinders and more pep..

anyway here she is.. its got 228 miles on her now bought her with 9..
its nothing fancy just a se as i already have 2 playtoys as it is..
i wanted a stick but only was able to find htem in base model coupes which i did not like or fully loaded ones which i didnt want.

i do not have cruise sync fogs or sirius. as i wasnt willing to spend another 5k for that.

the list of things needed to do..
front lighbar in- check.
rear lights in- check..
-better mounting of rear lights.. get to that later..

get rid of chrome grill for a non chrome (i hate chrome) bake the lights to get rid of the chrome in them.

get rid of my startmate and hook up sirius regularly so the button works. ( please tell me i dont have to spend 500 bucks at the dealer when i have 2 aftermarket kenwood modules and 2 antennas sitting here and tell me i just need a adaptor harness)

also like to get the factory bezels for the fogs and put in fogs (im not spending 600 for fogs)

need to wire in my wigwags etc

figure a way to put about 3 rockerswitches in somewhere. where i dont have to cut anything and keep it as factory as i can...

thats about it on mods maby more later i dont know.. like stated earlier i already have 2 play toys (2 jeeps neither street legal) one on 39s one on 35s.. very little jeep left. may do a post on those at some point if any intrest...

and im sure some of you will ask whats up with the lightbars and wigwags..
-im a voulenteer emergency search and rescue/ ems. (basicly vol firefighter without the heat and fire part) get into that later maby.

anyway pix.

Last edited by jeepsearchrescueguy; 06-22-2008 at 01:27 PM. Reason: i r dumb. forgot the pix
Old 06-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #176
mantoe

Fan#: 53223
What I Drive: '07 C9 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 mantoe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
hey everyone

i've been fanatic for 6months now and i love my car '07 zx3. As soon as i bought it i starting looking for help and ideas then i found this site. i have since put on new wheels and lowering springs. thanks guys
Old 06-28-2008, 01:03 PM   #177
jmiller_1974
Flipping Rockstar

Fan#: 57165
What I Drive: Black 02 SVT #2998

FF Reputation: 28 jmiller_1974 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
"ricer" convert?

Okay, so I was born and raised in Hawaii (O'ahu) and was drifting long before anyone even knew what to call it in such fly rides as the Datsun b210 and Toyotas Trueno ae86. Some would say My environment made Me a fan of 'rice buckets' from the get-go. And to be honest, when I bought this '03 SE I was looking for a civic or prelude. I gotta say though that I've always liked the Focus, ever since I worked for a car rental company in 1999 that had these SE models in Their fleet. Anyway, I got a call to go look at this. It was a repo and had a few coolant and suspension problems, couple of sheared wheel studs, generally mild stuff... I talked the repo man down to $2500.00 cash, took it home about 3 months ago, and have put new Bridgestone Potenza g019grid 205 55 on the stock rims, replaced front left axle, new brakes(drums, rotors everything new) new plugs/wires, a short ram air and a big fat muffler. I dont think I'm over My love of rice, but as a Focu driver I am quickly finding Myself looking over at My neighbors' 08 Civic SI thinking, 'I can take Him, no prob!' I havent found out yet... but Im strangely optimistic.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:24 PM   #178
GROCERYCART
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 57320
What I Drive: 2005 red ZXW

FF Reputation: 1 GROCERYCART Good Standing Member
I have been using this site ever since I purchased my 2005 ZXW. There are many useful tips here from mechanical to detailing that are great! Very professional site and easy to search topics... keep up the good work!!
Old 07-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #179
Feros
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 57401
What I Drive: 2006 Black ZX3 S

FF Reputation: 1 Feros Good Standing Member
new to Focus Fanatics

On the 3rd of July I will sign the paperwork for my wifes and my car. We was looking for a few weeks on something small, gas sipping, tree hugging, save the Fuel bill type of car and a 5 speed, 2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SE in black with 44K pretty much fell into our lap for a great low low price.
I have never been a Ford fan, in fact this is the first Ford I will have ever owned in my 37 years of life. For the past few days I have been reading, learning and lurking. I really don;t know much about this type of car. When my wife told me about the car, I looked around on the web about what others thought about it. Everything I read so far was either the car will work great with minimal problems or in the first year and 15K of the car it will just fall apart.
After I get the car and clean it up a bit, I'll post up some pictures of it. It is stock 'cept for the "fart can" type exhaust the young man installed on it that we got it from.
I have been around cars all my life and currently my wife and I each own a 2006 Dodge Charger (His and Hers), we have a 1997 Dodge Ram 4x4, a 2003 Harley Wide Glide, 3 Yamaha dirt bikes and a Suzuki quad.
Here are some links to our cars, truck, and bikes.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2841901
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2631546
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3006554
http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m...e_top_view_all
i hope to learn more about this car and maybe do one or two mods.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:17 AM   #180
N2O#82
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 56842
What I Drive: 2005 Sonic Blue Saleen N2O

FF Reputation: 1 N2O#82 Good Standing Member
New with a Saleen

New to the Focus, Bought one because fuel prices were killing me. Got a HELL of a deal on the Saleen plus it's stil under warranty for another 15K miles. Found this forum looking for info on the Saleen and Foci in general.
2007 F-150 FX2 Supercrew 5.4 3V
2005 Saleen Focus N20 #82

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.