HOWTO: Peripheral Electronics ipod Interface to 05+ stock headunit w/ AUX - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #41
basicblur
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 41965
What I Drive: '04 Overland, '03 Ranger, ZX-6R

FF Reputation: 1 basicblur Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Another frustrated 07 owner!

Quote:
i was looking on peripheral's site and it says for the PXAMG:
"Vehicle Compatibility Notes
* All Vehicles
o Radio must be satellite capable or satellite ready. Requires vehicle specific harness (sold separately)."
Read a little further (just below your above quotes) and you’ll see:
Ford/Lincoln/Mercury:
· Not compatible with Microsoft's SYNC
· Non-navigation radios must have an "AUX", “Sirius”, or “SAT” button on the face of the radio

Now…does this mean both statements are true, or for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury the “All Vehicles” statements are not true?
Does it mean I can use this unit for an iPod, but since my OEM radio is not SAT capable, I simply won't have access to that feature?

I’m in the same boat as you? I have a 2007 Focus with OEM radio with 6-CD in dash changer and am trying to find something to hook up an iPod (or preferably the new 80GB Zune) to my OEM radio without losing anything (like the 6-CD changer). I'm assuming the animal I'm looking for will use the AUX button on the front of the radio (as in the last Peripheral warning 'bout Ford vehicles)?

Got an e-mail in now to both Peripheral and P.I.E. asking if they make such an animal for the 2007.

The PXAMG sounds like it might work, but the price is starting to escalate and it sounds like I’d be paying for features I don’t really need?

I’m also leaning toward the Zune 80GB player (not a big iPod fan) and wondered if anyone in here knows if the Zune will work with the Peripheral setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #42
harrisonjord
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 52749
What I Drive: 2007 ford focus zx3 SES SAP

FF Reputation: 1 harrisonjord Good Standing Member
email

cool. be sure to let us know what their reply is about this, basicblur
Old 04-01-2008, 06:40 PM   #43
basicblur
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 41965
What I Drive: '04 Overland, '03 Ranger, ZX-6R

FF Reputation: 1 basicblur Good Standing Member
Automated reply?

Well I got a "confirmation" from Peripheral, but it looks like a standard reply-didn't (specifically) answer a lot of my questions. Below is the e-mail I sent 'em with their reply (I'll be calling 'em in an attempt to get answers for the specifics they didn't address):
To Peripheral
I have a 2007 Ford Focus ST with the OEM radio/6-CD changer, and would like to add an iPod/Zune adapter to work with my factory radio. Can you tell me:
1. Do you make such a device?
2. If so, will I retain my 6-CD changer capability (6-CD changer is not a remote-is built into the OEM radio itself)
3. Will it work with Microsoft ZUNE? (I prefer it to iPod)
Some notes on my OEM radio: It has a built in 6-CD changer It is MP3 capable (plays MP3s burned to CD) It does have an "AUX" button on the radio.
Peripheral Reply
You can use the parts listed below for an ipod and auxiliary input.
PXAMG-Universal iPod adapter with HD Radio and auxiliary audio capabilities. (vehicle specific harness required)
PGHFD1-PXAMG vehicle specific harness for Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury Vehicles.

BTW…I broke down and bought the new Zune 80 and am going to try the V1 & V2 FM Modulators from Microsoft (got 'em cheap) since I have 3 vehicles I’d like to use it in. If the FM transmitter will work in at least 1, I guess they’ll be worth the money? I have an Alpine Blackbird with FM transmitter and it works well in my Focus, decent in my Ranger, but haven’t tried it in my Jeep yet. Maybe the Zune FM Modulator will work as well or better?
Anywho…got a bunch of accessories for it on the cheap from both Amazon (many third party vendors at Amazon) and Buy.com.

Like the (physical) design of the FM Modulator from Belkin since the outlet adapter is also the mount, but they make one for the Zune 30, not for the 80. Sent Belkin an e-mail and they said they have no plans to make one for the Zune 80.

Haven’t heard back from P.I.E. yet…I’ll be giving them a call also.
I’ll post any new info I get here.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #44
DognamedMack
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21406
What I Drive: kah

FF Reputation: 3 DognamedMack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Is there anything for pre 05 cars? does the requiring the "AUX" "SAT" button prety much rule out all pre 05 cars. I have the 04 Balpunc MP3 radio in my car.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:10 PM   #45
Joshuasvt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 27135
What I Drive: '03 Black/Red Flake SVT #1218

FF Reputation: 3 Joshuasvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
So can I do this with my audiophile system in my '03 SVT? My MP3 player isn't an iPOD. It uses USB. Any suggestions?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #46
MichaelJD1980
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55223
What I Drive: 2013 Tux SE Black Pack 5MT

FF Reputation: 9 MichaelJD1980 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DognamedMack View Post
Is there anything for pre 05 cars? does the requiring the "AUX" "SAT" button prety much rule out all pre 05 cars. I have the 04 Balpunc MP3 radio in my car.
They do make one for pre-05 focuses that uses the CD button to switch between in-dash CD and CD changer (iPod Aux).

However, as far as I know, there is no option for the Blau radio. I think it lacks a port on the back for a CD changer (so there is no way to make an adapter to plug in).
Old 04-27-2008, 02:58 PM   #47
Joshuasvt
Focus Addict

Bump
Old 04-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #48
OCS12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52786
What I Drive: 2005 Sonic Blue ZX4 SES

FF Reputation: 23 OCS12 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by basicblur View Post
Well I got a "confirmation" from Peripheral, but it looks like a standard reply-didn't (specifically) answer a lot of my questions. Below is the e-mail I sent 'em with their reply (I'll be calling 'em in an attempt to get answers for the specifics they didn't address):
To Peripheral
I have a 2007 Ford Focus ST with the OEM radio/6-CD changer, and would like to add an iPod/Zune adapter to work with my factory radio. Can you tell me:
1. Do you make such a device?
2. If so, will I retain my 6-CD changer capability (6-CD changer is not a remote-is built into the OEM radio itself)
3. Will it work with Microsoft ZUNE? (I prefer it to iPod)
Some notes on my OEM radio: It has a built in 6-CD changer It is MP3 capable (plays MP3s burned to CD) It does have an "AUX" button on the radio.
Peripheral Reply
You can use the parts listed below for an ipod and auxiliary input.
PXAMG-Universal iPod adapter with HD Radio and auxiliary audio capabilities. (vehicle specific harness required)
PGHFD1-PXAMG vehicle specific harness for Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury Vehicles.

BTW…I broke down and bought the new Zune 80 and am going to try the V1 & V2 FM Modulators from Microsoft (got 'em cheap) since I have 3 vehicles I’d like to use it in. If the FM transmitter will work in at least 1, I guess they’ll be worth the money? I have an Alpine Blackbird with FM transmitter and it works well in my Focus, decent in my Ranger, but haven’t tried it in my Jeep yet. Maybe the Zune FM Modulator will work as well or better?
Anywho…got a bunch of accessories for it on the cheap from both Amazon (many third party vendors at Amazon) and Buy.com.

Like the (physical) design of the FM Modulator from Belkin since the outlet adapter is also the mount, but they make one for the Zune 30, not for the 80. Sent Belkin an e-mail and they said they have no plans to make one for the Zune 80.

Haven’t heard back from P.I.E. yet…I’ll be giving them a call also.
I’ll post any new info I get here.
Yes, Peripheral makes an iPod controller that will let your stock head unit continue to function as normal. I put one (purchased at Best Buy for $99) in a friend's '07 with a six disc changer last week. Very simple installation (takes about 10 minutes)
Old 04-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #49
harrisonjord
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 52749
What I Drive: 2007 ford focus zx3 SES SAP

FF Reputation: 1 harrisonjord Good Standing Member
OCS12, do you remember what the part/model number was on that?
Old 05-01-2008, 03:26 AM   #50
Joshuasvt
Focus Addict

Do they make one for the SVT w/ Audiophile....Only a usb, not an iPOD connection?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->