Klondike's Build Thread: - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-24-2008, 03:46 PM   #31
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Fan#: 45801
What I Drive: SC 5.0 FOFO BUILD IN PROGRESS

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing Member SquillyB Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bergner View Post
Man that looks like fun. I wish I had the tools and time to do something like this. One day you'll get a PM from me....lol

And why don't you just give him your front speakers?

jk
LOL, I sold him these for $150. I am doing the work on the C-pillars for free as part of out deal. We couldn't find a build up anywhere on the net of ZX3 C pillars for components. So he will be the first non-sponsored vehicle that I know of. I guess you could say he's sponsored by Squilly's house of Sound, cause I work outta my house and all.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2008, 03:49 PM   #32
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing Member SquillyB Excellent Standing Member
Oh yeah, and his are done as of today. So get those PM's started. I'm charging $50/panel for basic fabricating like these will be (- the LED's) and you pay the shipping both ways. You should see what I can do with some doors. And my A-pillar work, dddaammmmmnnnnn sometimes I still impress myself.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:52 PM   #33
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Now that the mid driver rings are done, lets do some tweets.

Every one has their method of trying to make these. Mine is very simple. You need these, obtainable at home depot and lowes everywhere. They are multi sized whole saws that fit the end of your drill. And in my eyes a life save for mounting custom tweet jobs.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #34
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

You can see what we are going to make in the corner, the very delicate tweeter ring, known for breaking the hearts of installers everywhere. Why? Cause they break so damn easily.

This is where the high density comes into play.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #35
Klondike
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

Points 33,134, Level 100
Points: 33,134, Level: 100 Points: 33,134, Level: 100 Points: 33,134, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
YAY, billy that is looking fantastic!

and as far as the other set goes, i can send ya another check sometime soon, i thought i was gonna send you half now, to get started, and the other half after i got em back, or a bit after, so i can get sweet sound alllllllllllllll around MMMHMM and i may want that amp of yours as well, so technically you are my sponsor lol, but def wanna see some more updates and pics, it looks BADASS man!!!!!
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Old 04-24-2008, 04:16 PM   #36
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

I start by picking a spot on the board. With the smaller of the two bits you've chosen cut half way through the thickness of the board. You'll see why half way in a second.

Then switch to the larger of the two bits, and do the same again, half way through.

Now put the smaller bit back on and go all the way through. Tap the little circle waffer out of the cutting tip and switch back to the larger bit and cut all the way through.

It will look like this right before the middle though cut is made. The reason for all the flipping bits is so that you make the center of the ring using the drill bit insert into the cutting tip to guide the larger bit in a more even manner around the smaller diameter. Once you have the larger diameter cut half way you can remove the middle pice by cutting all the way with the smaller tip and the larger bit now has the same center in its diameter even though the center is gone. The teeth of the tip will simply stay in the groove.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #37
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
YAY, billy that is looking fantastic!

and as far as the other set goes, i can send ya another check sometime soon, i thought i was gonna send you half now, to get started, and the other half after i got em back, or a bit after, so i can get sweet sound alllllllllllllll around MMMHMM and i may want that amp of yours as well, so technically you are my sponsor lol, but def wanna see some more updates and pics, it looks BADASS man!!!!!

Yeah well ya know I have been known to self medicate which causes my memory to lapse. Call me later and we'll figure it all out, but you know me, if I said it I said it. I save all my PM's for this reason, LOL. Man your gonna have some sweet ass set up. I may have to NOT judge your car because I will be biased. J/K, its all in your hands once there on your porch.

Glad you caught the thread seems how its yours and all. I will continue to post as the pics upload and the time goes by.

I will answer this time, promise chris.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:30 PM   #38
Klondike
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

Points 33,134, Level 100
Points: 33,134, Level: 100 Points: 33,134, Level: 100 Points: 33,134, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
excellent, well i have to run to the bank so ill give ya a jungle while im rolling in the 06 auto d20 lol, as my car is sitting at ford, but def call you in 5-10 minutes, shit ima call you now lol
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Old 04-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #39
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

What we have here are three examples of tweet rings. The far left is a standard ring and used for most applications, the middle is the mounting cup from Boston Acoustic. The far right is the mounting cup I like to make for custom tweet jobs that allow for the space.

Notice when stacked the standard ring and the boston cup are of equal height to my style ring.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:37 PM   #40
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

I build them by cutting three seperate rings, and using CA glue to make them 1. There is also a lip that its sitting on in the picture, this is made using the above method posted and multiple saw bits. You really have to watch your depth as you cut so as not to cut through the lip, its less than 1/8".
Its left with a rough edge so that after the mid driver is glassed in and the shape of the pod established you can use the hole saw to cut the appropriate size to slide the cup into. The rough edges grab the fiber glass mat that will be used to mount the tweet cups into the form better than a smooth edge does.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.