9.90 @ 72 Stock Svtf - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-17-2008, 05:50 PM   #21
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Fan#: 45801
What I Drive: SC 5.0 FOFO BUILD IN PROGRESS

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing MemberSquillyB Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Yes sir. The run I mentioned started spray in first gear at 2800 RPM and cut out at 6000 RPM in every gear.

That was my point, depending on the mods top end fofo's are deadly. Even at the launch people think, slow car. Then I get into the powerband and spray and walk em'. Love that feeling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2008, 05:55 PM   #22
JohnMichael
Michael J. Caboose

Fan#: 21469
What I Drive: Black Hemi Ram & Honda Shadow VT600

FF Reputation: 7 JohnMichael Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
I only live my life a quarter mile at a time, so I don't know what 1/8 mile times are good
Wow, I really hope that was a joke.

Dang good run, bro...especially with a stock SVTf, we are all envious of your accomplishment.

O'er Pirates from the Black of Pitch
Old 04-17-2008, 06:11 PM   #23
stangboy87
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 52271
What I Drive: 2003 svt focus comp. orange

FF Reputation: 0 stangboy87 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
dude 9.90 all day long in mine. thats bone stock i can't wait to get it running again with my new ORP and CM stage one clutch and flywheel to see what it will run
Old 04-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #24
SYZ
FocusFreak

Fan#: 31122
What I Drive: toxic waste

FF Reputation: 106 SYZ Excellent Standing MemberSYZ Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquillyB View Post
Yes sir. The run I mentioned started spray in first gear at 2800 RPM and cut out at 6000 RPM in every gear.

That was my point, depending on the mods top end fofo's are deadly. Even at the launch people think, slow car. Then I get into the powerband and spray and walk em'. Love that feeling.
i'm sorry, but those times seem slow for nitrous. barely quicker than a stock svt? what other mods besides spray?
Old 04-17-2008, 06:19 PM   #25
dirtbrown
what it be like

Fan#: 40563
What I Drive: ganjabus

FF Reputation: 27 dirtbrown Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
9.770 stock clutch and tune. and some cheap tires LOL

those times are slow....its an auto so its expected.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:24 PM   #26
dirtbrown
what it be like

Fan#: 40563
What I Drive: ganjabus

FF Reputation: 27 dirtbrown Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
ps I started a thread wwhile back called SVT 1/8 MILE TIMES...you guys should all post in it.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:12 AM   #27
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing MemberSquillyB Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYZ View Post
i'm sorry, but those times seem slow for nitrous. barely quicker than a stock svt? what other mods besides spray?
First start off with my motor is all stock as well as the ATX. The ZX4 runs 17.5 all day at around 70-75 mph.
Now add a 50 shot off nitrous with a traction control switch and drag radials and I drop 3 full seconds, and still on the stock tune. I am still dialing everything in and currently running mid 14's ?!?
I also paid less than $8K for the car as opposed to the svt, the supposed "bad ass" version of our car.
By the time FocusFest gets here I will be running the 100 shot with a custom dyno tune. Do the math on that one.

My biggest problem at this point is wheel spin but I recently purchased those drag radials so things will be getting faster soon.
So to spend $600 on a NOS and beat svt's with more power and less weight; as well as mustangs down the track, I think is money well vested.

Besides, we'll see who is slow come FocusFest.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:14 AM   #28
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Oh yeah and how fast is the svt in the quarter??
Fifteen flat to mid fifteen?? To me thats slow for what the car has.
Also I have stock suspension folding like a lawn chair at every shift still. Full drag suspension will be set up by the "Fest" and I will be spraying off the line, instead of 1/3 of every gear. Spray all the way FTW!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #29
SYZ
FocusFreak

Fan#: 31122
What I Drive: toxic waste

FF Reputation: 106 SYZ Excellent Standing MemberSYZ Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I didn't mean to offend you. You said you ran a 15.1, but now you're saying you run mid 14s. Mid 14s is more respectable imo.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #30
jgustafson
Banned

Fan#: 49925
What I Drive: 2004 red SVT ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 jgustafson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquillyB View Post
First start off with my motor is all stock as well as the ATX. The ZX4 runs 17.5 all day at around 70-75 mph.
Now add a 50 shot off nitrous with a traction control switch and drag radials and I drop 3 full seconds, and still on the stock tune. I am still dialing everything in and currently running mid 14's ?!?
I also paid less than $8K for the car as opposed to the svt, the supposed "bad ass" version of our car.
By the time FocusFest gets here I will be running the 100 shot with a custom dyno tune. Do the math on that one.

My biggest problem at this point is wheel spin but I recently purchased those drag radials so things will be getting faster soon.
So to spend $600 on a NOS and beat svt's with more power and less weight; as well as mustangs down the track, I think is money well vested.

Besides, we'll see who is slow come FocusFest.
Everyone knows the SVT is slow in the quarter mile and its true strength is in the curves. you can have ur nitrous but an svt will still take you in the twisties. Anyone can make a car go fast down the quarter with enough money and stupidity( theres a 550hp front wheel drive impala on streetfire that can go 10s) but not every car can handle well. To each their own, im not knocking your car, its great but don't hate on the SVTs for being good at handling and not the quarter mile

Bookmarks & Social Networks