|04-14-2008, 03:57 PM||#1|
HOW TO: Install Cosworth Balance Shaft Delete Kit with Pictures
HOW TO INSTALL YOUR BALANCE SHAFT DELETE KIT ON YOUR 2.3L DURATEC.
Cosworth B/S Kit
Bottle of red locktight
Bottle of black RTV
Metric socket set (3/8 drive will do)
1. Drain oil and put plug back in oil pan.
2. Remove the oil pan and set it aside so that nothing besides air can get in it. (8mm, 10mm, 13mm socket used)
3. Remove the bolt circled in RED and swing the oil pickup tube out of the way. (see picture below)
4. Remove the 4 bolts circled in RED holding the Balance Shaft in and get ready to grab it. It had alittle weight to it. (see picture below)
5. Put some red thread locker on the Socket Head Cap Screw that comes with the Cosworth B/S kit. Make sure the O-Ring is still on the plug side. (see picture below)
6. Insert the plate and Socket Head Cap Screw into the block and tighten down to 18 ft/lbs. (see picture below.
7. Put oil pickup tube back in place and tighten bolt to 8-10 ft/lbs
8. Clean off both block and oil pan surfaces where the 2 meet together. (razor blade and brake cleaner works great)
9. Put a 1/16 to 1/4 beed of Black RTV around the oil pan (there is a spot on the side of the oil pan.)(follow the dotted lines FOMOCO gave you on the oilpan)
10. Put the oil pan back in place and hand tighten all the blots in place untill they just start to get tight. And leave it like that for about an hour to hour and a half for the RTV to tack up alittle. (as your waiting you can do your oil filter at this time or get on the internet and go to www.focusfanatics.com )
11. Tighten all the oil pan bolts. (10mm and 8mm bolts to 30 in/lbs not to tight, the the 4 13mm bolts are much tighter if you remember on the removel of the oil pan.
12. Fill the motor back up with your selected motor oil. ( will now take more than 4.5 qts)
13. Car is now 18lbs lighter. Please drive safe. Wear your seatbelt.
2011 F150 Screw FX4 EcoBoost
2013 Focus SE 201A
|Bookmarks & Social Networks|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|The Ford Focus Parts List!||gthang||MK2 Focus||13||01-26-2009 11:05 PM|
|Balance shaft delete questions||Blackcatn2o||DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)||59||04-16-2008 12:24 PM|
|Balance Shaft Delete?||Coach||DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)||16||05-31-2007 10:12 PM|
|when buying your own balance shaft delete kit...||FocusFactorDave||DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)||10||04-02-2007 10:21 PM|
|install kit||dave30||Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics||12||11-04-2003 09:35 PM|