He Blew My Doors Off!! - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-31-2008, 04:54 PM   #61
Weldman0730
Focus Addict

Fan#: 52834
What I Drive: 2002 Silver/Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 22 Weldman0730 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus03 View Post
Is anybody else as tired of the old " I'll get him in the twisties" defense as I am? Its the same thing as telling the ugly kid that beauty is only skin deep its what inside that counts. Our cars are slow face it, they always will be ( with a few exceptions). Regardless of how " great" the focus is in the twisties its still nothing special.
well no car is really "special" not even most mustangs, the "performance car" of blue oval, and until your willing to spend over 80G's, which I for one will never do, you wont ever have anything "special" until you customize it. Our cars were never designed to out power a muscle car, the unibody just isnt storng enough or big enough to fit a BB V8 in them, but in the game of speed weight is a big factor, and by there nature of design, i can take my focus and smoke my brother in hs mustang gt in the mountains, which is more fun to me that running in a straight line.

The guys who want to drag normally have heavily modded engines that put out a great deal of hp, and to the focus's defense ive seen 400hp focus's beat 700hp mustangs, simply with a diffrent suspension and ability to put power to the ground in a more efficient better manner. Power is not the only thing which makes a car fast, its also the cars suspension and the most importantly the drivers ability
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2008, 05:04 PM   #62
outafocus03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17425
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 outafocus03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Must suck to feel that way.
No, I'm quite fine feeling that way
Old 03-31-2008, 07:07 PM   #63
SVTF200487
Focus Addict

Fan#: 53987
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver SVT

Points 2,134, Level 27
Points: 2,134, Level: 27 Points: 2,134, Level: 27 Points: 2,134, Level: 27
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 23 SVTF200487 Great Standing Member
Yeah, I admit the focus is slow but that is not what it is meant for. A lot of the people I hang out with have stangs, and in corners I beat the shit out of them, but in the straight line the beat the shit out of me. Except for the mid-range, I can normally match them there.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:20 AM   #64
razorrik

Fan#: 38279
What I Drive: vehicle

FF Reputation: 7 razorrik Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03OrangeSVT View Post
All I'm going to say is no SRT Jeep better with me... I'll hand him his ass on BOTH the curves and the straights.
i dont know orange,,i just watched those videos and times.that srt 8 with nos handled that viper very well,,i think in a drag he would put it to ya,,,
but i dont believe in no way it will out handle ya,

now back to the other guy.but if your going stock against stock,,i meen come on at least put the srt up against something in its same class for comparison.
i dont think anybody would be that impressed and smitten by a corvette bustin out a cobalt.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #65
WitchCitySVT
Turbo!!!!

Fan#: 33699
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ

FF Reputation: 30 WitchCitySVT Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus03 View Post
Regardless of how " great" the focus is in the twisties its still nothing special.
I would think that a car you can drive from the dealership to the auto-x and be competitive, with car that cost double the price, is pretty special. When the SVT came out in 2002 you couldn't buy a car that would out handle it for any where near it's price and now six years later there is only one car in the 18k -24k price range that comes any where near it. Of course if someone buys an SVT and thinks their going to have a 1/4 mile beast, they should learn to research what they buy.

2003 Competition Orange SVT *Revived*
2012 Black Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ
Old 04-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #66
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Points 10,801, Level 68
Points: 10,801, Level: 68 Points: 10,801, Level: 68 Points: 10,801, Level: 68
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Why don't we just compare apples to Beef Wellington? That's what this entire thread is, and for the record, an SUV can handle well. I have put in quite a bit of seat time in both a Trailblazer SS, and an SRT8 Cherokee, and both can pull considerable G's in a turn. What we all need to realize is that there is a very low chance of running into one of these cars at the beginning of a "twisty" road, and having the opportunity to beat it. In 95% of our driving a car like the SRT8 GC is going to be far superior. Yes you might sustain 3 mph faster throw the cloverleaf off of the interstate, but as soon as the road begins to straighten, all you will be seeing is two center exit exhaust pipes playing a deep baritone symphony as they pull away. That being said, its still not even a good comparison. Can you buy an SRT8 for $10,000? Why don't you compare the new STI to it, if you want to be a little more fair.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:53 AM   #67
outafocus03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17425
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 outafocus03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
Why don't we just compare apples to Beef Wellington? That's what this entire thread is, and for the record, an SUV can handle well. I have put in quite a bit of seat time in both a Trailblazer SS, and an SRT8 Cherokee, and both can pull considerable G's in a turn. What we all need to realize is that there is a very low chance of running into one of these cars at the beginning of a "twisty" road, and having the opportunity to beat it. In 95% of our driving a car like the SRT8 GC is going to be far superior. Yes you might sustain 3 mph faster throw the cloverleaf off of the interstate, but as soon as the road begins to straighten, all you will be seeing is two center exit exhaust pipes playing a deep baritone symphony as they pull away. That being said, its still not even a good comparison. Can you buy an SRT8 for $10,000? Why don't you compare the new STI to it, if you want to be a little more fair.
Wow, finally a comment based on reallity. Thank you
Old 04-04-2008, 11:59 AM   #68
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Points 10,801, Level 68
Level Up 88% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Welcome
Old 04-04-2008, 01:35 PM   #69
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
well we werent talking about daily driving...

we were talking about auto-x

and for the record. i would love to see a vehicle based on a truck chassis compete with a vehicle based on a european handling cars chassis. thats what it boils down to on an auto-x track. sure everyday that SRT8GC could prolly walk all over me. but throw me on the track and i promise and would be willing to put pick slips down i would eat him alive.
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #70
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Points 10,801, Level 68
Level Up 88% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Again if you want to show the true handling of a car, then run at a TRUE road course, not one set up with cones in a parking lot... Some examples: Laguna Seca, Road America, even Grattan Raceway in Western Michigan. Then I would like to see you bet your slips...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.