He Blew My Doors Off!! - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-30-2008, 12:25 AM   #41
turbovation
all grown up

Fan#: 29834
What I Drive: 2006 Toyota tacoma work truck

Points 11,191, Level 69
Points: 11,191, Level: 69 Points: 11,191, Level: 69 Points: 11,191, Level: 69
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 turbovation Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Alright then mystery solved. Somebody lock this stupidity already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2008, 12:25 AM   #42
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13348
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: 31 gonzorelic Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTF200487 View Post
Yeah it did look exactly like that, same color too. i didn't get to see the engine, and was a bit embarrassed so I didn't even think about it being an srt.
thats what i figured. dont feel ashamed about losing. those things are seriously fast for a bone stock suv.

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2008, 12:28 AM   #43
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Alright then mystery solved. Somebody lock this stupidity already.
its an internet forum debate. you may as well lock all the others and shut this entire baby down. thats what forums are for. yes the name calling is a bit childish and stupid i agree but sharing information about vehicles performance and specs is nothing to lock a thread about. it will die soon enough like the rest.

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
Old 03-30-2008, 05:36 AM   #44
killer ZETEC
GL1TCH

Fan#: 44757
What I Drive: advance trac french blue 03 zx3

FF Reputation: 42 killer ZETEC Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
um i have to say that the autox up here buth the jeep and the porsche would turn turtle. the course builder dont eff around. its not a matter of g's, brakes, wonder suspension, or super swaybars. the weigth of the vehicle us up high. not fun. it has a suspension designed to hithe autobahn and a fire road in the same hour. so that means its set for a cushy yet responsive ride. which means the dampers dont really have a lot of compression resistance. especially if you start throwing a 3,800 pound truck around like a ferarri. jsut trust me it wont end well. to get teh same effect but safer go auto-x a bone stock 84 festiva. the weight transfer ( the thing that dooms most trucks and suvs in accident avoidance) is hilarious to watch.
will it run soon?? who knows.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:30 AM   #45
Weldman0730
Focus Addict

Fan#: 52834
What I Drive: 2002 Silver/Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 22 Weldman0730 Great Standing Member
you know when your comparing the jeep to the porche that you are comparing a truck framed SUV(jeep) to a car-like SUV(porche), which both are completly diffrent animals
Old 03-30-2008, 11:34 AM   #46
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldman0730 View Post
you know when your comparing the jeep to the porche that you are comparing a truck framed SUV(jeep) to a car-like SUV(porche), which both are completly diffrent animals
well seeming as how the truck like jeep out performs the car like porsche, then this only further proves my point. watch out for the jeep. its nothing to play around with.

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
Old 03-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #47
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzorelic View Post
ok why dont you pull your head out of your ass and re-read what you just said. you say the porsce is a "completely different story. that has an amazing suspension that is unrivaled by anything that any SUV maker has ever done. its quite a work of modern machinery." but as far as the jeep "they handle awesome for an SUV! but it is just that. an SUV." even tho the jeep will outperform the porsche in every aspect... how can the porche be unrivaled by anything the suv makers have ever done if they are out performed in all aspects by the very jeep you speak of? bottom line: your a moron. so instead of jumping to all the name calling and saying im a "newb" and that i need to "pull my head out of my ass" you need to do some homework before you speak of stuff you know not about.

Power is pegged at 420 hp at 6200 rpm and torque is an equally impressive 425 lb-ft at 4800 rpm, though you don't need much more than tickover in any gear to turn the approaching horizon into a streaky blur. Behold the 0-60 mph time of less than five seconds, the 0-100-0 time of less that 19 seconds, and a top speed around 155 mph. The Grand Cherokee SRT8 is fast, people; faster than the Cayenne Turbo and X5 4.0iS that used to look down their premium noses at the Jeep. In fact, it's almost as quick to 60 mph as a Porsche 911. You may gasp when ready.

Keeping the speed in check are four-piston Brembo calipers and massive 14.2-inch front and 13.8-inch rear discs with standard ABS and BrakeAssist technology. The Brembos lived up to their lofty reputation. Our SRT8 needed just 120 feet to stop from 60 mph, and the binders showed absolutely no fade in four successive panic stops from that speed. Pedal feel and modulation are excellent.

2002-2004 Ford Focus SVT
Top speed : 135 mph
0-60 mph : 7.5 sec.
0-¼ mile : 15.9 sec @ 90.2 mph
60-0 braking distance : 118 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.87 g

yeah your right...

a whole whopping 2 feet shorter in braking distance makes all the difference in the world when slowing a 2 ton suv compared to a little old light svt focus. you people kill me. i love the focus but the numbers all just prove my point.

it doesnt matter if the jeep weighs 10 tons. if it has the equipment to make it accellerate, slow, corner, and perform like a sports car than it will. yes it weighs twice as much as a focus but it has 3 times the horsepower and 3 times the torque. it has enormous brembo brakes to slow it virtually the same distance from 60-0 as the svt. it has bilstein shocks and struts that are probobly the best brand struts out there. it has all the goodies to make it corner like a sports coupe. and all the horsepower and torque to make it haul ass in a straight line. im sorry but im gonna have to be from missouri on this debate. SHOW ME.

its funny youre throwing out straightline numbers like they actually mean anything on an autox course.

show me some lateral numbers. g's. skid pad numbers or anything of the such.

and the porsche is based on a car chassis. not a truck chassis like the jeep. it handles far superior. it may not be as fast in a straight line like the numbers you quoted. but it will outhandle ANYTHING the jeep has to throw at it. period. show me otherwise.

and i for one would be willing to throw my SVT against any jeep on an auto x course.
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:41 PM   #48
SpeedOften
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2139
What I Drive: E90 335i, 2002 E53 X5 4.4i

FF Reputation: 28 SpeedOften Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzorelic View Post
that jeep will most likely eat you in the twisties as well. its AWD.
AWD does not = eating anything. I watched a riced out saturn with probably less than 100whp beat a modified STi in an autocross... It's all in the driver.

If you want to say the Jeep handles well... post up it's slalom speed. What was the SVTF's speed? 67.somehting mph or somehting like that? Whcih just happened to be faster whan what other sports cars of the same year? I"ll let you do the research...

in case you teh = teh suck @ teh internetz: 2002 Corvette ZO6, 2002 BMW M3, 2002 Subaru STi to name jsut a few.

PS. The SVT does NOT top out at 135mph, NOR does it only go 0-60 in 7.5 or the 1/4 in 15.9 unless the driver sucks.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:55 PM   #49
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
its funny youre throwing out straightline numbers like they actually mean anything on an autox course.

show me some lateral numbers. g's. skid pad numbers or anything of the such.

and the porsche is based on a car chassis. not a truck chassis like the jeep. it handles far superior. it may not be as fast in a straight line like the numbers you quoted. but it will outhandle ANYTHING the jeep has to throw at it. period. show me otherwise.

and i for one would be willing to throw my SVT against any jeep on an auto x course.
SRT-8 pulls .88 G
svtf pulls .87 G
cayanne turbo pulls .85 G

jeep pulls more G's, the cayenne is not far superior, its inferior to the jeep. oh yeah and the jeep costs less than half the price of the porsche.
anything else?

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
Old 03-30-2008, 07:23 PM   #50
Weldman0730
Focus Addict

Fan#: 52834
What I Drive: 2002 Silver/Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 22 Weldman0730 Great Standing Member
^^ are these measurements the forces it can generage without skidding?

Sorry if its a stupid question i really have no idea

What im asking is if the jeep theroetically weighed 10 pounds it would take 8.7 pounds to make it skid or lose traction?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.