He Blew My Doors Off!! - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 06:33 PM   #31
turbovation
all grown up
 
turbovation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Fan#: 29834
Location: SD, CA
What I Drive: 2006 Toyota tacoma work truck

Posts: 3,949
Points 11,191, Level 69
Points: 11,191, Level: 69 Points: 11,191, Level: 69 Points: 11,191, Level: 69
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 turbovation Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Yeah there is no way. Either way I'm still not surprised the SVT was smoked by a Jeep in the 1/8...that is a short distance. I bet the focus would whoop its ass from 10-60 though..just not from a complete dig.
__________________
this is bob. bob has bitch tits.
turbovation is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #32
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!
 
03OrangeSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Fan#: 19169
Location: Piketon, OH
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

Posts: 11,906
FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
All I'm going to say is no SRT Jeep better with me... I'll hand him his ass on BOTH the curves and the straights.
__________________
[B]1951 McCormick FARMALL M
2007 MINI Cooper S Turbo... new project car
1998 Chevy 3500 Ext cab, long bed, 4x4, duelly, turbo diesel
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
03OrangeSVT is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2008, 08:15 PM   #33
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic
 
gonzorelic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Fan#: 13348
Location: Alma Ga
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus ZX5

Posts: 1,982
FF Reputation: 31 gonzorelic Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
lol are you freakin high!

there is no way a top heavy SUV will outhandle an SVTf...it wont happen.

lol that made me laugh. thanks newb.

haha you make me laugh. youve never driven one or even remotely investigated facts about them. you just ASSUME the focus is better. and i guess the porsche ceyanne is just a top heavy suv that wont come close to your precious focus either. oh yeah the srt-8 out performs the porsche in all aspects as well. your the newb. ok ill agree. if you race around one big corner yes you will most likely see the focus win. but auto cross tracks are full of straights and curves. and if you start side by side the jeep is going to beat you by a LARGE margin to the first corner, yes you will make up some time because i agree these cars will out corner a jeep, but by the time you make up a few hundreths of a second you finish the corner and the jeep will put tenths on you by the time you get to the second. the jeep is just too strong in the straights for a stock svtf to make up in the corners. if you race him at bristol motor speedway sure your gonna win but any kind of track with somewhat straights between the corners and its gonna be doom.

Quote:
All I'm going to say is no SRT Jeep better with me... I'll hand him his ass on BOTH the curves and the straights.
im talkin a stock for stock race. not your highly modified focus against a stock jeep. someone go test drive one and auto-x it. and dont slack off on it give it all its got and get some lap times. then do the same with a stock svtf. id love to know the outcome.
__________________
Jealousy is contagious,
Get well soon bitch!

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
gonzorelic is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #34
WitchCitySVT
Turbo!!!!
 
WitchCitySVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Fan#: 33699
Location: Salem, MA
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ

Posts: 5,796
FF Reputation: 30 WitchCitySVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzorelic View Post
haha you make me laugh. youve never driven one or even remotely investigated facts about them. you just ASSUME the focus is better. and i guess the porsche ceyanne is just a top heavy suv that wont come close to your precious focus either. oh yeah the srt-8 out performs the porsche in all aspects as well. your the newb. ok ill agree. if you race around one big corner yes you will most likely see the focus win. but auto cross tracks are full of straights and curves. and if you start side by side the jeep is going to beat you by a LARGE margin to the first corner, yes you will make up some time because i agree these cars will out corner a jeep, but by the time you make up a few hundreths of a second you finish the corner and the jeep will put tenths on you by the time you get to the second. the jeep is just too strong in the straights for a stock svtf to make up in the corners. if you race him at bristol motor speedway sure your gonna win but any kind of track with somewhat straights between the corners and its gonna be doom.



im talkin a stock for stock race. not your highly modified focus against a stock jeep. someone go test drive one and auto-x it. and dont slack off on it give it all its got and get some lap times. then do the same with a stock svtf. id love to know the outcome.
I agree with you that the SRT-8 Jeep is a great vehicle, but your failing to realize that even with the upgraded brakes and suspension, the Jeep is going to have to brake much much sooner and run at slower speeds through the corners than the SVT. On a short course like an auto-x course, you would not be able to achieve the speed necessary to make up for the early braking and slower cornering.
__________________
BUILD# 840 out of 3985 BUILD DATE 4/1/2003 *RIP*

2003 Competition Orange SVT *Revived*
2012 Black Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ
WitchCitySVT is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2008, 09:41 PM   #35
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.
 
Peregrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Fan#: 6009
Location: Wadsworth, IL
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

Posts: 5,413
FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
I would love to put up my SVT versus an SRT-8 on a roadcoarse.
Peregrine is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #36
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!
 
03OrangeSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Fan#: 19169
Location: Piketon, OH
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

Posts: 11,906
FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchcitySVT View Post
I agree with you that the SRT-8 Jeep is a great vehicle, but your failing to realize that even with the upgraded brakes and suspension, the Jeep is going to have to brake much much sooner and run at slower speeds through the corners than the SVT. On a short course like an auto-x course, you would not be able to achieve the speed necessary to make up for the early braking and slower cornering.

I agree, what people fail to realize is SKID PAD numbers are from driving in one direction as hard as possible until you spin out and thats where you get your "G" rating.

For an SUV it does a good job but what about when you start changing directs rapdily like when going through "twisties"... all of that extra weight flopping back and forth is going to greatly reduce not only your speed but the amount of "G's" you're going to be able to pull.


Seriously anyone else on here think that an SUV that weigh's 2 tons is going to keep up with a compact car that was built with the sole purpouse of road handling??
__________________
[B]1951 McCormick FARMALL M
2007 MINI Cooper S Turbo... new project car
1998 Chevy 3500 Ext cab, long bed, 4x4, duelly, turbo diesel
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
03OrangeSVT is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2008, 10:28 PM   #37
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants
 
besthaticouldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Fan#: 26970
Location: The Lou, MO
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

Posts: 17,501
FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzorelic View Post
haha you make me laugh. youve never driven one or even remotely investigated facts about them. you just ASSUME the focus is better. and i guess the porsche ceyanne is just a top heavy suv that wont come close to your precious focus either. oh yeah the srt-8 out performs the porsche in all aspects as well. your the newb. ok ill agree. if you race around one big corner yes you will most likely see the focus win. but auto cross tracks are full of straights and curves. and if you start side by side the jeep is going to beat you by a LARGE margin to the first corner, yes you will make up some time because i agree these cars will out corner a jeep, but by the time you make up a few hundreths of a second you finish the corner and the jeep will put tenths on you by the time you get to the second. the jeep is just too strong in the straights for a stock svtf to make up in the corners. if you race him at bristol motor speedway sure your gonna win but any kind of track with somewhat straights between the corners and its gonna be doom.



im talkin a stock for stock race. not your highly modified focus against a stock jeep. someone go test drive one and auto-x it. and dont slack off on it give it all its got and get some lap times. then do the same with a stock svtf. id love to know the outcome.

its funny you assume. because i have driven an SRT8. i know a few guys in socal that have them. they handle awesome for an SUV! but it is just that. an SUV. its hard to compare and SUV with an SVT. no matter how upgraded the brakes and suspension are.

the porsche is completely different story. that has an amazing suspension that is unrivaled by anything that any SUV maker has ever done. its quite a work of modern machinery.

next time before you assume take you head out of your ass first and think about who youre talking to. thanks.
__________________
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
besthaticouldo is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #38
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic
 
gonzorelic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Fan#: 13348
Location: Alma Ga
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus ZX5

Posts: 1,982
FF Reputation: 31 gonzorelic Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
its funny you assume. because i have driven an SRT8. i know a few guys in socal that have them. they handle awesome for an SUV! but it is just that. an SUV. its hard to compare and SUV with an SVT. no matter how upgraded the brakes and suspension are.

the porsche is completely different story. that has an amazing suspension that is unrivaled by anything that any SUV maker has ever done. its quite a work of modern machinery.

next time before you assume take you head out of your ass first and think about who youre talking to. thanks.

ok why dont you pull your head out of your ass and re-read what you just said. you say the porsce is a "completely different story. that has an amazing suspension that is unrivaled by anything that any SUV maker has ever done. its quite a work of modern machinery." but as far as the jeep "they handle awesome for an SUV! but it is just that. an SUV." even tho the jeep will outperform the porsche in every aspect... how can the porche be unrivaled by anything the suv makers have ever done if they are out performed in all aspects by the very jeep you speak of? bottom line: your a moron. so instead of jumping to all the name calling and saying im a "newb" and that i need to "pull my head out of my ass" you need to do some homework before you speak of stuff you know not about.

Power is pegged at 420 hp at 6200 rpm and torque is an equally impressive 425 lb-ft at 4800 rpm, though you don't need much more than tickover in any gear to turn the approaching horizon into a streaky blur. Behold the 0-60 mph time of less than five seconds, the 0-100-0 time of less that 19 seconds, and a top speed around 155 mph. The Grand Cherokee SRT8 is fast, people; faster than the Cayenne Turbo and X5 4.0iS that used to look down their premium noses at the Jeep. In fact, it's almost as quick to 60 mph as a Porsche 911. You may gasp when ready.

Quote:
I agree, what people fail to realize is SKID PAD numbers are from driving in one direction as hard as possible until you spin out and thats where you get your "G" rating.

For an SUV it does a good job but what about when you start changing directs rapdily like when going through "twisties"... all of that extra weight flopping back and forth is going to greatly reduce not only your speed but the amount of "G's" you're going to be able to pull.


Seriously anyone else on here think that an SUV that weigh's 2 tons is going to keep up with a compact car that was built with the sole purpouse of road handling??
Keeping the speed in check are four-piston Brembo calipers and massive 14.2-inch front and 13.8-inch rear discs with standard ABS and BrakeAssist technology. The Brembos lived up to their lofty reputation. Our SRT8 needed just 120 feet to stop from 60 mph, and the binders showed absolutely no fade in four successive panic stops from that speed. Pedal feel and modulation are excellent.

2002-2004 Ford Focus SVT
Top speed : 135 mph
0-60 mph : 7.5 sec.
0-¼ mile : 15.9 sec @ 90.2 mph
60-0 braking distance : 118 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.87 g

yeah your right...

a whole whopping 2 feet shorter in braking distance makes all the difference in the world when slowing a 2 ton suv compared to a little old light svt focus. you people kill me. i love the focus but the numbers all just prove my point.

it doesnt matter if the jeep weighs 10 tons. if it has the equipment to make it accellerate, slow, corner, and perform like a sports car than it will. yes it weighs twice as much as a focus but it has 3 times the horsepower and 3 times the torque. it has enormous brembo brakes to slow it virtually the same distance from 60-0 as the svt. it has bilstein shocks and struts that are probobly the best brand struts out there. it has all the goodies to make it corner like a sports coupe. and all the horsepower and torque to make it haul ass in a straight line. im sorry but im gonna have to be from missouri on this debate. SHOW ME.
__________________
Jealousy is contagious,
Get well soon bitch!

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
gonzorelic is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2008, 11:43 PM   #39
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic
 
gonzorelic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Fan#: 13348
Location: Alma Ga
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus ZX5

Posts: 1,982
FF Reputation: 31 gonzorelic Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
oh yeah not to mention that the 0-60 time of the jeep is oh say about 3 and a half seconds faster. so that means by the time both of you get to 60 mph the jeep is already 3.5 seconds ahead of you... and to those that know racing, thats alot of catch up.
__________________
Jealousy is contagious,
Get well soon bitch!

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
gonzorelic is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2008, 12:02 AM   #40
SVTF200487
Focus Addict
 
SVTF200487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Fan#: 53987
Location: Lancaster, SC, SC
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver SVT

Posts: 585
Points 2,134, Level 27
Points: 2,134, Level: 27 Points: 2,134, Level: 27 Points: 2,134, Level: 27
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 23 SVTF200487 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzorelic View Post
it had to be an srt-8 jeep grand cherokee. no 5.7 hemi that new is gonna be running any faster than a low 9 second et in the 1/8. especially in a suv that heavy.

did it look like this?


if so the reason you lost was because of this


425hp 6.1 liter hemi
Yeah it did look exactly like that, same color too. i didn't get to see the engine, and was a bit embarrassed so I didn't even think about it being an srt.
SVTF200487 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vertical Doors looking for a focus in or near corona california BOOSTA MK1 Focus 0 10-31-2007 03:27 PM
Installing Power Doors slydarkwolf General Technical Chat 1 04-20-2007 08:03 AM
WantToBuy: 01`SE Driver Side "door skins" or doors themselves (both) zaiD Archive 0 09-12-2005 01:55 PM
automaticly locking doors? StangGuy General Technical Chat 16 08-16-2004 07:39 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Audi S3, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. Challenger Hellcat - Charger Hellcat