intake manifold runner control actuator (PROBLEM) - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-24-2008, 01:51 AM   #1
Aus_ST170
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 25358
What I Drive: 2003 Imperial Blue ST170

FF Reputation: 1 Aus_ST170 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
intake manifold runner control actuator (PROBLEM)

Hey there just a quick story to explain what is going on.

I was driving and heard a loud clunking noise coming from my car. No engine light has come up i continued to drive because i was only a few minutes from home. During that time the loud knocking noise dropped quite abit and was then just a quite knocking.

Once home i inspected the car and noticed the knocking was coming from my intake manifold runner control actuator which is located on the back firewall of my ST170. i traced the cable to notice that my DSI Clip was broken. I come on here and found a "HOW TO" thread to quick fix it.

I fixed the DSI Clip and was back in action. I turned the car back and there was no knocking/ticking coming from the Actuator i was happy and engine light wasnt on prior to this. I took it for a test run and my engine light come up. I took it back home and come back on here to see what the problem could be.

I then disconnected the battery and waiting for the fault to clear. Once again i started the car up and in minutes the fault was back up. Ive been hearing all kinds of things from the motor mechanics and its driving me insane.

the reason why im posting is i believe i have burnt out my intake manifold runner control actuator and need to replace it. Could some1 point me in the right direction. the people wanna charge me all sorts of money to replace my entire intake manifold because they dont have the DSI clip part number which i got from CFM.

If people believe i have burnt my Actuator out could i be pointed in a direction as to where i can find a replacement part for my ST170 as Ford in Australia want to charge. $700 AUS = $650 US.

It just stressful because every1 wants to look at the car but at the same time cant tell me whats wrong with it. Sorry for the long story im very stressed at the moment with some big family issues and just want this issue resolved with out me wasting alot of cash in the process.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2008, 02:49 AM   #2
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
post up here in the hilbish ford forum http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=94
and ask mike, he's a parts guy for a dealership and gives good deals to members.

if i remember right, the dsi clip is around 14$ us and the actuator isnt too expensive either (around 100$us, but don't quote me).
both are fairly easy to replace by yourself with simple tools

Bookmarks & Social Networks