Killed a Silverado 1500...funny... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2004, 08:53 PM   #1
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Killed a Silverado 1500...funny...

So I had my car out on the highway today after it rained to blow all the water off the body (I just waxed it on Wednesday) and I was headed back home after turning around at an exit about three miles down the road. The cops had a car pulled over and were searching it, so naturally everyone slows down. The speed limit was 65 and I was doing my customary 9 over the limit (the cops here won't touch you until you do 10) and I started passing everyone who was slowing down, and the last guy I passed was driving a blue late-90's Silverado 1500 pickup. I guess he thought I cut him off because right after I passed him he flashed his lights at me and got right on my ass. So I dropped into 4th at 74 and shot up to about 83, just to put some space between us. At this point he's in the far right lane and I'm in the middle, and I get over to the far left lane to pass another slow car in the center lane, and he cuts across all three lanes, passes the car I just passed and gets beside me and tries to get in front of me. I drop back down to 4th and run up to 95....and leave him way behind, there was a good 1/8th mile between us before I slowed back down to 74 because there's a speed trap ahead (no cops today, but its a frequent place for them to sit.)

The guy in the truck catches up (he's probably still doing 85) and flips me off, just before getting off at the next exit. He continued to flip me off all the way up the exit ramp. I know its pretty much a no-brainer that a compact will beat a full-size pickup, but its damn funny that this guy tried to get ahead of me. I don't know what he was thinking...but he was really pissed by the time he caught up with me. Too bad that speed trap wasn't running today...that would've been the icing on the cake.

Bookmarks & Social Networks