focus vs. contour - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
98tredsvt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 50641
What I Drive: 1998 t-red svt contour

FF Reputation: 1 98tredsvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
focus vs. contour

I'm selling my svt contour really soon, and thinking about picking up a focus. How do they compare? I've heard the focus feels higher in quality, atleast the SVT. Has anyone driven the svt focus and the svt contour? I was wondering how the transmission of the getrag feels to the mtx-75(don't really like). Also, how easily upgradeable are the focuses? I've seen several superchargers on cars for sale, how much do the supercharger kits cost vs. turbo kits and how much do the stock internals hold up to? My next car I definately want to either supercharge or turbo, and I'd like better gas mileage too, how do the focuses do in the city? How easy are they to work on, like changing a clutch, installing suspension? What should i look for in a used focus, and if I'm going to be modifying one does it matter if I get an SVT focus or a regular focus?

Bookmarks & Social Networks