Spec Focus Build - what does it cost - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-30-2007, 01:46 PM   #41
walshka07
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48052
What I Drive: 2004 Subaru WRX

FF Reputation: 1 walshka07 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yeah i was talking to my freinds in spec miata and and i said that and he looked at me with a cocked head like i think thats a against the rules and said something along those lines, i tried anyways ive got a pretty good idea about how to build the exhaust i would just need some measurements and angles on the exhaust bends and such, along with a car to mock it up on. and it would help if i wasnt in college, otherwise it would take me a week or two but i would really only get to work on it once or twice a month, so it wouldnt get done very quickly even if i had everything i need, man i want a spec foucs

Matt
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2007, 01:53 PM   #42
MattMarks
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46203
What I Drive: 2005 ZX 4 ST Spec Focus

FF Reputation: 1 MattMarks Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
it would help if i wasnt in college
Yes - you'd have more money, but less time for beer and chicks.

See my PM
Spec Focus Advisory Board - Have a Spec Focus Question? Ask me!
Old 11-30-2007, 02:51 PM   #43
walshka07
Focus Enthusiast

it would also help if i didnt spend so much time working on this

its pretty quick....
Old 12-01-2007, 01:49 PM   #44
Focusperform
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8483
What I Drive: 2003 silver ZX3, 2004 Black ZX3 (RS

FF Reputation: 0 Focusperform Newbie
What school do you go to? Ross who works for me also works on a Formula SAE car.....I told them I want one for myself so they have to build me one!!!! You are correct on this thing being fast....
Old 12-05-2007, 12:41 AM   #45
walshka07
Focus Enthusiast

im at UTA.. the car pulls 2.3gs laterally, does 3.8 seconds to 60, oh yeah and it set the second fastest time overall at the SCCA nationals... not bad for a car fully developed in 9 months ehh?

Matt
Old 12-05-2007, 01:01 AM   #46
starfuryt550
I Speed Often.

Fan#: 18440
What I Drive: Audi S4, Turbo ZX3

Points 21,467, Level 92
Points: 21,467, Level: 92 Points: 21,467, Level: 92 Points: 21,467, Level: 92
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 55%
Activity: 55% Activity: 55% Activity: 55%
FF Reputation: 23 starfuryt550 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (57)
where did you guys read that the stock 2005 brakes are 320 mm?? the svt is 300, and that's much better than stock zx3s and other focuses, which are 265 i believe.

do you mean the 2005 st? cuz those are svt brakes i think, so 300mm, not 320+

just a heads up. correct me if im wrong!
Old 12-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #47
walshka07
Focus Enthusiast

yes you are right, about the brakes that was my bad.

Matt
Old 12-06-2007, 03:25 PM   #48
SoundGuyDave
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 52065
What I Drive: '06 Mustang GT, '07 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 SoundGuyDave Good Standing Member
Hi all... I drank the cool-aid last summer at my first HPDE in my Mustang, and quickly realized that I had a LOT more car than my puny driving ability was able to handle. Winter came around, and I needed a daily-driver, so I went out car shopping, looking for a clean older Focus with a manual, and wound up buying a 2007 ST new. I'm picking it up in a couple of hours!

This car will undoubtedly wind up as a Spec Focus in a couple of years, and will be used during HPDEs to work on the much-needed "driver mod" during my quest for a comp license, but needs to retain street functionality as long as possible.

Not even having driven it yet, I can't tell you what I like or dislike about the brakes or suspension yet, but my understanding is that the suspension and brakes are the replacement for the SVT package. Is this correct? IS there a spec-legal brake upgrade available?

With the suspension, I would assume that the smart thing to do would be to drop in camber plates, the Multimatic dampers, and the new lower FRPP springs. Would this be correct, and how much would the ride suffer?

I'm not overly worried about "maximizing" the car at first, since I still need to learn how to drive on a track, but if I do want to stiffen up the car a bit, I really don't want to spend the money twice, and I DO like good brakes. SS lines are being ordered Monday, along with (more) Motul RBF600 for a full flush. Also, does anybody have the Earls SoloBleed part number that fits this car?
Old 12-06-2007, 04:26 PM   #49
walshka07
Focus Enthusiast

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/Spec-Focus.pdf

check out the rules on whats avliable to your car in terms of mods, also figure out the motor that you have and make sure you dont over mod the motor. this rules also give you guidelines on the suspesion and brake mods per the rules, your mods seem to be on track, just read up on the rules and figure out exactly what you need,also the more reaserch you do the cheaper your build will be, figure out exactly what you need so you arent buying stuff more than once. this fourm is really great about information so just ask questions and it will probably be answered. good luck on the build!

Matt
Old 12-07-2007, 07:20 AM   #50
LCR
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 36358
What I Drive: 2002 Gray Sedan

FF Reputation: 5 LCR Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundGuyDave View Post
Not even having driven it yet, I can't tell you what I like or dislike about the brakes or suspension yet, but my understanding is that the suspension and brakes are the replacement for the SVT package. Is this correct? IS there a spec-legal brake upgrade available?

With the suspension, I would assume that the smart thing to do would be to drop in camber plates, the Multimatic dampers, and the new lower FRPP springs. Would this be correct, and how much would the ride suffer?

I'm not overly worried about "maximizing" the car at first, since I still need to learn how to drive on a track, but if I do want to stiffen up the car a bit, I really don't want to spend the money twice, and I DO like good brakes. SS lines are being ordered Monday, along with (more) Motul RBF600 for a full flush. Also, does anybody have the Earls SoloBleed part number that fits this car?
You bought a great car that is fun to drive and will make a very good track car in HPDE.

The ST dampers are close to the original SVT ones but the spring are different. You will not have to do much to the brakes to make it a track car other then install some race pads for your track days. The ST brakes are about the same and will be just fine. The 2006 ST car that won the NASA championship in Spec Focus had the same set up. I can give you a complete brake down on what you would need and your options if you like. PM me for my phone # and I will be glad to help.

Leo

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.