Weighed my car yesterday...... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2007, 11:06 PM   #11
pelotonracer2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49917
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 17 pelotonracer2 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yeah, you're 26 and you're in the Navy... That's all I need to say about that!! Like I said, you were 8 years old when I graduated college and started my own engineering R&D company in the marine industry. There's definately alot of brainwashed (ie: close minded) and ignorant people on these boards! It's no wonder there's nothing "new" as far as these cars are concerned in the last 2-3 years! Everyone reads something here and thinks it's the "end all".

I work with and consult for some of the biggest automotive and marine companies in the world. I also work with, through and around patents and patent rights. I get paid to look at OEM parts ("one offs", racing parts and made out of alot of exotic materials) and I do ALOT of testing (using chassis and engine dynos, Stalker rader gun with acceleration software (STATS) which is the industry standard in the automotive/marine industries for performance data aquisition, flowbench and wind tunnel testing. I also find ways to implement technology in the marine industry that is used in other industries (my specialty is actually fluid dynamics).

This little car is nothing too advanced or fancy from a technology point of view compared to what I work with every single day at work... It's more like a little "toy" (and I will enjoy playing with it).

I only share my findings with you people because I'm an enthusiast just like yourselves. Perhaps I should just keep it to myself since no one takes the time to read my posts (or just read bits and pieces which would no doubt make very little sense to anyone). I haven't seen any real indepth discussion on any of the things I've touched on based on my searches. This forum is 98% 1 or 2 liners and that's about it. Bottom line is: I learned along time ago just because the vocal majority "says so" doesn't mean it is....

Perhaps if you READ what I had to say in the first place, you wouldn't ask dumb and redundant questions like:

"I'd like him to try the stock coil verse the aftermarket one to see what, if any difference there will be"

I already said the car wouldn't run smootly without the aftermarket coil with the plugs and "mod" I'm running.

Please explain to me how I can test my "mod" on a dyno without the benefit of the stronger/better spark when it won't idle and it misses with the stock coil and wires?? Isn't it the general consensus you can run a wider gap with the aftermarket coils???? I could care a less if the coil does anything by itself. I never said or implied I saw any gains with the coil by itself on the dyno (in fact I've never even attempted it).

I'm sorry you don't like reading my posts. Like I said before, if you think I'm so FOS then by all means stop reading and responding to my posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedOften View Post
The Charger weighed 2750lbs and is a perfect example of your arguement of what weight savings can do. Figures someone so advanced in the art of taking a step outside the box and looking in couldn't see that, not to mention reading.

When you say you have much more experience, you sir... are assuming. You are assuming that I am some 18yr old, of which I'm not. I'll leave it at that.

Try a 6 to 3rd gear drop at 60 mph.

You should be able to hit 60mph in 2nd gear.

The redline in the SVT is 7200rpm, 100rpm short of your "last car". Tom's tune, unless asked for somehting different, normally resets this to 7400rpm.

As for German engineers... Have you heard that the SVT, was actually the ST170 from Ford of Europe, err it's more like the rest of the world...

Poppin, no where did I try and tell him the "shut up". I just said, in my opinion, which is what IMO stands for... That he fluffs his points up way too much, which in my opinion makes his posts annoying. We don't need to hear about how many years he's been in the industry or about how he's praised for seeing things that other don't.. I read that, and my reaction was, "So, what?"... He talks about the TB being restrictive.. yeah.. I'm pretty sure it's been covered... He expressed his opinion about the gearing, but most likely due to his ECU not having the most up-to-date reflash, he isn't feeling what I'm feeling when I ravage my whore around town (2nd, 3rd and 4th gears)?

Actions have always spoke louder than words, to me...

I'd like him to try the stock coil verse the aftermarket one to see what, if any difference there will be.

Last edited by pelotonracer2; 11-13-2007 at 01:03 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.