How to install an Air Bag Delete in 30 minutes - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-03-2007, 12:03 AM   #31
Algorhythm

Fan#: 20623
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R 636

FF Reputation: 105 Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
I don't understand how this site doesn't allow posting of illegal speeds but allows a how-to on the removal of standard safety equipment.

What amazes me more is that this is for the removal of the PASSENGER airbag, so he is putting the life of the PASSENGER in the hands of the safety restraints he has. Bet he still has the driver's airbag.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2007, 12:16 AM   #32
j-zetec_pr
MACHINERY TECHNIAN

Fan#: 47101
What I Drive: 2000 Silver ZX3 Kona, MTX-75, Zetec

FF Reputation: 27 j-zetec_pr Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algorhythm View Post
What amazes me more is that this is for the removal of the PASSENGER airbag, so he is putting the life of the PASSENGER in the hands of the safety restraints he has. Bet he still has the driver's airbag.
My uncle's Ford Ranger has a switch from the factory for cutting off the passenger side airbag [bootyshak
Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #33
j-zetec_pr
MACHINERY TECHNIAN

Fan#: 47101
What I Drive: 2000 Silver ZX3 Kona, MTX-75, Zetec

FF Reputation: 27 j-zetec_pr Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazimusZX4ST View Post
^^ Well put.
thanks
Old 10-03-2007, 01:12 AM   #34
Xetchx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 49113
What I Drive: 03 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 23 Xetchx Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
I don't understand how this site doesn't allow posting of illegal speeds but allows a how-to on the removal of standard safety equipment.
Cause it's not illeagel to remove an airbag. Airbags are not required equipment. They are not even standard eqiupment they are an option.

I mean damn somebody goes to all the work to do a nice detailed write up on a mod, and all you can do is look for things to bitch about???

if you like your airbags KEEP'EM

and if you don't, well now you know how to take'em out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav-E2.0 View Post
I'm not hard, I'm fluffy...lol
Old 10-03-2007, 08:02 AM   #35
Dan-O
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50029
What I Drive: 2002 FrankenTurbo powered Beetle

FF Reputation: 13 Dan-O Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetchx View Post
I mean damn somebody goes to all the work to do a nice detailed write up on a mod, and all you can do is look for things to bitch about???

if you like your airbags KEEP'EM

and if you don't, well now you know how to take'em out
But it's a destructive way of removing it.
It would be like someone explaining how to remove your motor by cutting all the mounts out with a torch and slicing every wire and hose with a knife.
Sure, the end result it that the motor is out, but it's just the wrong way.
We call that the RSB method, Rip $hit or Bust.

I appreciate all the constructive little childish 19 year old comments directed at me, that really makes new people feel welcome.
Is this site moderated all or part of the time?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:26 AM   #36
KS1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46191
What I Drive: '04 Toreador Red Manual ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 KS1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Dan-O, if you have the time and know-how to do this install by the book, then by all means, do it that way, I made it quite clear that this was not the book method, but, I work 12-16 hours a day and don't have a lot of time to spend on my car, so this method worked better for me, and I thought someone else might want to know about it

and, as far as the "constructive little childish 19 year old comments", I'm a 27 yr old business owner, not a child, but, I'm sorry if I've offended you, and welcome to Focus Fanatics, trust me, it's a great place, but you can't write comments like yours and not expect some sort of retort
Zetec Crew #159

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."
Old 10-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #37
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Points 235,208, Level 100
Points: 235,208, Level: 100 Points: 235,208, Level: 100 Points: 235,208, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-O View Post

I appreciate all the constructive little childish 19 year old comments directed at me, that really makes new people feel welcome.
Is this site moderated all or part of the time?

Well, from what I"ve seen the site seems to be moderated pretty well. The moderators are everywhere and they even post in the threads most of the time.
Now, if someone in a thread were to make personal insults towards another member, they get slapped down politely ,but quite quickly. Most of the time a polite note of " don't do that" is all it takes. I , however, did not see any personal attacks in this thread. It was a somewhat "heated" discussion, but everyone stayed polite and on focus. So I see no problems with this thread.

BTW, the 50's hotrod comment wasn't childish? As you put it? Come on now. You were throwing the gauntlet out there and wanted to see if anyone would pick it up.
This forum is for the exchange of ideas. There can be opposing sides and disagreements; as long as they stay civil we can even have full blown arguements. We often do.

Welcome to Focus Fanatics, I hope you like it here. Its a good spot on the web.

You gotta watch out for those moderators though, they are everywhere !
Old 10-03-2007, 11:59 AM   #38
Algorhythm

FF Reputation: 105 Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member
You know what. I went to the street racing forum and saw this.

If someone crashes, and someone is injured or killed, you could be arrested and charged with Reckless Driving or Manslaughter.

I doubt that forcibly removing an airbag on your passenger, getting in an accident and injuring/killing them DOESN'T get you nailed with manslaughter, criminal negligence, or something else just as bad besides (almost) killing the passenger.

You say you have seat belts or that you're the best driver in the world. You're not, sorry. Seat belts fail, they are mechanical and regardless of anything you've seen, they do fail. Why would you even remove a safety device that is pre-installed on your car is beyond me, and I bet beyond ANY logical person.

I can't see ANY reason to remove an air bag. You want your kid to sit in the car? Put them in the back where they won't go anywhere dangerous. You want a tray? Use your door tray or the pocket behind the seat. Just feel like doing it to save a couple of pounds? Don't come crying when you hurt someone or yourself.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #39
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Points 235,208, Level 100
Points: 235,208, Level: 100 Points: 235,208, Level: 100 Points: 235,208, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:

You say you have seat belts or that you're the best driver in the world. You're not, sorry. Seat belts fail, they are mechanical and regardless of anything you've seen, they do fail. Why would you even remove a safety device that is pre-installed on your car is beyond me, and I bet beyond ANY logical person.

I can't see ANY reason to remove an air bag. You want your kid to sit in the car? Put them in the back where they won't go anywhere dangerous. You want a tray? Use your door tray or the pocket behind the seat. Just feel like doing it to save a couple of pounds? Don't come crying when you hurt someone or yourself.
1.)I NEVER said I was the best driver in the world. I am better than most, but I'm worried about the nut next to me who is doing her make-up in the rearview while chatting on the cell phone. I know she can take me out.

2.) seat belts fail. Yes they do, and so do air bags.. Your point?

3.) Logical? Well, I consider myself a VERY logical person. It annoys my wife that I apply logic to EVERYTHING in life, but you wouldn't know that.

4.) Any reason ?? None AT all? How about, as stated earlier, driving in a demolition derby?

5.) Kid in the back? I DRIVE A MIATA !!!! Are you suggesting I put my child in the trunk? Or perhaps strap him to the rear bumper? Talk about manslaughter charges !!!

6.) Me personally. I can't see removing an airbag just to make a tray, or save weight ( except on the racetrack). But, as I said before, this is America, and it is HIS car. He can't sell it that way, but he sure can drive it that way.

7.) My miata now has a 12 inch steering wheel with no airbag. Is it trendy? NO WAY. I am 6'3" and 250 lbs. with ALOT of torso. The only way for me to drive a miata safely is to remove the seat rails. Thus lowering the seat 1.5 inches. The seat is now static. And to put on this smaller wheel. The stock steering wheel is right against my diaphram and the air bag would rip my head off. If I was 5'10". The airbag, and stock wheel would still be in the car. Sorry, I'm a big guy that likes little cars.

So, I ask you. Still see NO reason why someone would remove an airbag?

P.S. Read the note on your visor in your airbag equipped car. It has the world DEATH in bold type. Now read it again.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:23 PM   #40
Algorhythm

I never meant anything directed at you. I'm just saying that you hear "I'm an awesome driver" way too many times.

I know air bags fail, but if you have two or more safety systems protecting you, rather than just relying on one, there's less chance of a total failure.

I don't know how many people are driving their focus in a demo derby :(

Again, focus. I don't think a miata is a great car to have kids in anyway.. it's a large go-kart.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.