How to install an Air Bag Delete in 30 minutes - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-02-2007, 09:14 AM   #11
Algorhythm

Fan#: 20623
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R 636

FF Reputation: 105 Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Why the would you remove an airbag? Just because other people don't have SAFETY devices doesn't mean you need to take yours out too.

Remove your steering wheel, also. You don't deserve the privilege of driving.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2007, 10:03 AM   #12
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Points 235,208, Level 100
Points: 235,208, Level: 100 Points: 235,208, Level: 100 Points: 235,208, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
FYI, in this state at least, you can remove your airbag if you want. You can drive without it. IF you sell the car it needs to go back in. Thats the deal in Md.

There are several good reasons to remove air bags.

1.) I know this is funny, but remember to take them OUT before a demolition derby. We almost ran with them in one night . The airrbag cars are starting to get used.

2.) One of my employees had his passenger airbag disabled in his Miata, he often carries his little girl to school in it ( he even had her there in a car seat ), and there is no back seat to put her in.

3.) Can you guys recognize that a cage and harness is BETTER than an airbag? enough said on that one.

4.) Replacing the drivers steering wheel for comfort and driving ability. Ie the airbag is gone in my miata. I am 6'3" and cannot drive the car with the stock steering wheel in place. So I have a 12" racing wheel in there. I use the seat belts all the time, and will reinstall the wheel if I ever sell the car.

You see, it is still AMERICA last time I checked, you are free to do what you like. At least for now.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:17 AM   #13
scrammer
Banned

Fan#: 26570
What I Drive: February 2010 ROTM

FF Reputation: 172 scrammer Excellent Standing Member scrammer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
you cant have MansLaughter without Laughter!

screw the airbag, they wil kill your tint in a hurry. and ive seen some of the damages they can do to your face. they make the inside all dusty, and they scare the hell out of you when they go off. if it werent for the stupid E-Class Benz, they wouldnt be a standard item in todays cars. damn mercedez!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:39 AM   #14
Algorhythm

Fan#: 20623
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R 636

FF Reputation: 105 Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Might as well get rid of your ABS while you're at it. Same with your seatbelts and side mirrors.

Who needs safety items anyway?
Old 10-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #15
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Points: 235,208, Level: 100 Points: 235,208, Level: 100 Points: 235,208, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
I don't have ABS on anything I own. I know how to use my own brakes. Thank you. It might be the 12 years of roadracing experience. I don't need to rely on a crutch to help me stop. And yes, before you bring it up. I can outbrake ABS equipped cars and motorcycles. So lets not have that silly arguement. This has been proven time and time again. Abs is great if you want it, II don't.

Seat belts are a VERY good thing, I wish they were better, but you have to keep them easy to use or people will not put them on... Mirrors, they are good too, but if your car is fast enough...you don't need them because everything that is behind you doesn't matter. LOL
Old 10-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #16
foci01
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41223
What I Drive: 01 Twiligh Blue SE 4DR Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 foci01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrammer View Post

screw the airbag, they wil kill your tint in a hurry. and ive seen some of the damages they can do to your face. they make the inside all dusty, and they scare the hell out of you when they go off. if it werent for the stupid E-Class Benz, they wouldnt be a standard item in todays cars. damn mercedez!
I think if your airbag were to go off the last thing you should be worried about would be ruined tint or dust inside a car.

Let me tell you from experience. The "bang" they make pales in comparison to the noise your car makes as someone is plowing into it at 45 mph.

I think a few scratches and maybe even a broken nose is better than pulling chunks of glass out of your forehead or scraping bits of skin/blood off the pass side dashboard.

I think for medical reasons or for the safety of children the airbags should be left as is.

SEDAN REVOLUTION#23

Last edited by foci01; 10-02-2007 at 10:58 AM. Reason: sp
Old 10-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #17
scrammer
Banned

Fan#: 26570
What I Drive: February 2010 ROTM

FF Reputation: 172 scrammer Excellent Standing Member scrammer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
Quote:
c'mon, nobody laughed at that?
how much weight savings is the airbag deletes?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #18
nate2006
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35913
What I Drive: 2000 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 nate2006 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algorhythm View Post
Might as well get rid of your ABS while you're at it. Same with your seatbelts and side mirrors.

Who needs safety items anyway?
ABS isnt all that safe, when considering accidents with ABS and without, the statistics show that drivers using ABS are more likely to skid out in one direction without any chance of recovery. What happens is that the ABS is trying to slow the fastest spinning wheel causing the vehicle to move in that direction uncontrolabley.

Watched it happen in down town just the other day. A lady was rubber necking in her SUV when the car in front of her stopped. You could see her slam on her brakes and hear her ABS begin working. Her SUV began jerking to one wheel and she almost ended up in my lane.

As far as airbags, I would love to disable my passenger airbag so my kid can ride up there. Children and airbags doesn't always mean safe.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:18 PM   #19
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
It all depends on the car and the application. What I dislike is the blanket treatment. Everything gets all this crap and you have no choice. If you want 10 airbags in your volvo, thats great. Get them and pay for the option, but if I don't want them, or only want fronts, WHY do I have to get the other 8? Options, thats all I'm asking for. And an airbag in my miata? No thanks. In my focus? Good idea.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:30 PM   #20
KS1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46191
What I Drive: '04 Toreador Red Manual ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 KS1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
c'mon, nobody laughed at that?
how much weight savings is the airbag deletes?
lol, alright, I'll give you that one, it was pretty good

and the airbag delete only takes off about 7-8lbs, for me it wasn't just the weight, I wanted the tray up there because I'm sick of setting stuff in my passenger seat and having it slide off when I turn, and I rarely have someone sitting in the passenger seat anyway, my gf doesn't like to ride with me, she says I drive too fast

and, when it comes to airbags, I'm not a big fan of them anyway, I've already had my arms burned and my face banged up by them in small wrecks that I would have otherwise been unharmed, I wear my seatbelt, and I make anyone riding with me wear their seatbelt, and soon, I'm going to have 4 point harnesses on driver and passenger side, as well as a roll cage, so, safety shouldn't be an issue in my car, unless I do something extremely stupid, in which case, the airbags wouldn't have helped anyway

but, feel free to keep arguing, I have to admit, it is entertaining
Zetec Crew #159

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.