HOWTO: Peripheral Electronics ipod Interface to 05+ stock headunit w/ AUX - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-10-2007, 12:18 AM   #21
spacegravity4me
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 30431
What I Drive: Gray 2005 ZX4 ST

Points 14,921, Level 79
Points: 14,921, Level: 79 Points: 14,921, Level: 79 Points: 14,921, Level: 79
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 42 spacegravity4me Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm really glad that I found this thread. I didn't even know they made an adapter for our cars that would let us control the ipod directly, that's great! I have a problem though and was wondering if you could help me. I've got the same head unit as you and I've got an xm radio that is plugged into an fm modulator. Whenever I want to listen to the xm i have to hit the preset for the channel i've set it to and then it works fine. Problem is that it's not pure digital sound. Now i've heard about the adapters that you can buy that make a direct digital connection for the sat radio's and that let you use the aux button and I've been thinking about getting one. I found out about this item here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/frd04...0872QQtcZphoto and tracked it down on ebay for a good price. I was really excited about it because I figured I could switch it between my sat radio and my ipod. Now I'm not so sure that that is possible. For one, the pie connector i was looking at has rca jacks, so i'm not sure how that would connect to my xm radio and i'm pretty sure that i'd have to have a cable that went into the ipod headphone jack, thereby reducing the quality. What i'd really love to have is an adapter that can not only switch between xm and ipod but ALSO let me control the ipod the way that your connector does. Does anything like that exists or is there a way to have the xm and the ipod setup at the same time? Sorry for the length of this and I don't mean to hijack the thread, you just seem to know what you're talking about. lol Thank you and any help you can give me is appreciated. SPACE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2007, 09:09 PM   #22
pistolgripbmx
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 49331
What I Drive: 86 ranger, 2007 focus zx3 s

FF Reputation: 38 pistolgripbmx Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
is there any way to do this without spending 99 bucks. i don't mind using the ipod to control everything. i just used rca jacks on my truck (aftermarket radio) to hook my ipod up so is there somthing like that on the back of these stock radios?

does that interface charge the ipod too?
my ipod won't hold a charge worth a shit i have to had it pluged into a 12volt source for it to stay on for more than a few songs. if it charges it maybe i'll look into spending the money on it. but if not i wouldnt be able to charge it and play the music at the same time anyway.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:50 PM   #23
HurricaneSpivey
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49146
What I Drive: 2005 Liquid Grey ZX5 SE

FF Reputation: 1 HurricaneSpivey Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolgripbmx View Post
is there any way to do this without spending 99 bucks. i don't mind using the ipod to control everything. i just used rca jacks on my truck (aftermarket radio) to hook my ipod up so is there somthing like that on the back of these stock radios?

does that interface charge the ipod too?
my ipod won't hold a charge worth a shit i have to had it pluged into a 12volt source for it to stay on for more than a few songs. if it charges it maybe i'll look into spending the money on it. but if not i wouldnt be able to charge it and play the music at the same time anyway.
Yeah, the iPod is charged while plugged into the car. It was completely worth the money. Sounds like you're looking for something that will just plug into the iPod's headphone jack if you don't want to buy the Peripheral connection.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:16 PM   #24
Strangewingz
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 35800
What I Drive: 2007 Aqua Blue ZX3 SES w/ SAP

FF Reputation: 3 Strangewingz Good Standing Member
I'm planning on getting this set up but was thinking of running the cable from the radio across to the cd storage tray below the dash to the left of the steering wheel, since I don't store cd's in there because I'm using an ipod!

SAP Crew #21
Old 08-19-2007, 11:42 AM   #25
Midnight_DevilX
Focus Addict

Fan#: 49278
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 Midnight_DevilX Good Standing Member
I don't have an armrest in my car!! :(
Old 08-19-2007, 08:49 PM   #26
pistolgripbmx
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 49331
What I Drive: 86 ranger, 2007 focus zx3 s

FF Reputation: 38 pistolgripbmx Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneSpivey View Post
Yeah, the iPod is charged while plugged into the car. It was completely worth the money. Sounds like you're looking for something that will just plug into the iPod's headphone jack if you don't want to buy the Peripheral connection.

since it charges it i may have to look into picking one of them up.

any one know if you can just hook up the ipod cheaply without it for the time being?
i miss using my ipod all the time.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:47 PM   #27
spacegravity4me
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 30431
What I Drive: Gray 2005 ZX4 ST

Points 14,921, Level 79
Points: 14,921, Level: 79 Points: 14,921, Level: 79 Points: 14,921, Level: 79
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 42 spacegravity4me Great Standing Member
guys, i need some help. i got a similiar one in today. I began installing it and I was doing great, but the i hit a snag. The cord that comes out from the 16 pin port on the back of the radio has two wires coming from about the end of it, before the other pin connector. the instructions say i have to attach the black one to the car to ground it, and the other to a constant 12v power source. How do i attach it to the vehichle and were, and how/where do i hook up the power wire?
Old 09-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #28
ummduh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50546
What I Drive: 1997 Thunderbird REAR WHEEL DRIVE!

FF Reputation: 12 ummduh Great Standing Member
So, you've been using it fine with your 2005? Do you have the 6 disc deck?

Their website clearly states it is not compatible both with 2005-2007 Focus nor with the 6 disc decks..

I really need to hook up the AUX.. I've got a Pioneer deck to put in, but I love the steering wheel audio controls too much to lose them.

edit: it's pretty obvious you do indeed have both by the pics. Duh. I'm gunna have to find one.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:13 PM   #29
RyanONAHurricane
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 50608
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Gray ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 RyanONAHurricane Good Standing Member
I installed my PE PXDP2 just like it says in the manual and by your description but I'm still having a problem getting it to work.
The iPod has then PE logo on it, the radio reads "SAT1" but I still have no control over my iPod. It won't playback or display controls through my stereo.

After the basic install, is there anything else I need to do to get this thing functional? None of my buttons seem to do anything.

Here's my equipment:
2007 Focus, ZX5 SES
1 Disc CD Changer Says "MP3" on the face
No Satellite Radio
Fits the wire harness completely
I have tried with both a gen 3 iPod and gen 5.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:15 PM   #30
RyanONAHurricane
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 50608
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Gray ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 RyanONAHurricane Good Standing Member
I installed my PE PXDP2 just like it says in the manual and by your description but I'm still having a problem getting it to work.
The iPod has then PE logo on it, the radio reads "SAT1" but I still have no control over my iPod. It won't playback or display controls through my stereo.

After the basic install, is there anything else I need to do to get this thing functional? None of my buttons seem to do anything.

Here's my equipment:
2007 Focus, ZX5 SES
1 Disc CD Changer Says "MP3" on the face
No Satellite Radio
Fits the wire harness completely
I have tried with both a gen 3 iPod and gen 5.

Bookmarks & Social Networks