fuel return set-up - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2007, 10:43 PM   #1
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 10722
What I Drive: 2002 liquid grey zx3

FF Reputation: 16 focuzed1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
fuel return set-up

Ok i have been aske to show pics of my budget fuel return set-up so i hope this works

Ok now for the explination of how... It was real easy first you need a parts list.
airmotive boost sensative adjustable regulator...$168.79,
#6 braided hose 6ft prob only need about 3ft..$30.67,
steeda fuel rail...$99.95,
fuel pressur gauge..$23.99,
2 #6hose ends..$12.56.
plus shippin $30.00.
you will need to modify the fuel pump a bit (all you do is take the check valve off the fule pump and put a piece of efi fuel line in its place careful not to kink it. And drill a few hole into the side of the canister about 4 or 5
So total price $385.96

Now the how I already told you how to modify the fuel pump now for the fuel system.
remove the factory evap system.(you will need to tune this option out so you dont ket a engine code) cut the factory platic part of that line and plug it i use a sealant and a bolt works great.... this line now becomes your fuel return line.With the steeda fuel rail all you have to do is hook up the fuel supply line exactly how you removed it. then with the fitting that you got you can hook up the line on the other side of the rail to the fuel regulator. then hook up a peice of 3/8 efi line to the evap line from your fuel regulator and clamp it. the on the other side of this metal line back by the fuel tank you take some more of the fuel line and find a spot towards the top of the tank to go into for the fuel to go back into the tank. I just drilled a hole at the top corner and put a 3/8 90 degree fitting in it and clamp my fuel line to it..... Bam! you now have a full return system real easy and real cheap. Oh start the car and make sure you have no leaks. Btw AGAIN I STATE USE EFI FUEL LINE NOTHING ELSE!!!!! If you dont you will be doing this over because other line will not hold the pressure you need it to TRUST ME!!!! I KNOW.....lol

Last edited by focuzed1; 07-09-2007 at 04:03 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks