Focus in the Field 2007 -- Official Announcement - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Great Lakes Fanatics

Great Lakes Fanatics Serving the Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-28-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
grifter
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 4774
FF Reputation: 1 grifter Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus in the Field 2007 -- Official Announcement

Focus in the Field 2007 Official Announcement

Massive Speed System brings you Focus in the Field 2007!

The event will take place Saturday, July 28th – Sunday, July 29th, so MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW! This year we are changing things up with a totally new location! We have moved from the parks and cornfields of Indiana to the bustling town of Spring Grove, Illinois. If you can't decide on whether to attend CruiseJam 2 or FITF 2007, there's no need. FITF is joining forces with CruiseJam 2 to make this years biggest and best Focus event in the Midwest.

SATURDAY:

The first day's festivities will begin at 10am at the Massive Speed System Headquarters in Spring Grove, Illinois and will still include all of the events and prizes you've come to love at FITF. Hang out for the day, listen to the live DJ, and relax in the sun while chatting it up with other Focus Enthusiasts. Expect lunch, a T-shirt, and a goodie bag on us!

Don't forget to clean up that car and enter into the FITF car show for a chance to win prizes! You also have the options of participating in the Dyno Competition (pricing TBA) to test your ride's mettle.

From there we will proceed to dinner, drinks, and potentially some decadence at the famed Blarney Island (http://www.blarneyisland.com). This will be an excellent opportunity to see what your online Focus Friends are really like. After that we will head on over to a local campground (http://www.fishlakebeach.com) for the remainder of the evening. Here we will be able to sit around and BS around the campfire, sharing stories that have become a staple of FITF. There are rooms are available at nearby hotels for those who don't wish to embrace the camping life.

SUNDAY:

Sunday's festivities will take you on a short jaunt into the northern lands of Wisconsin to participate in Club Day/ Fun Racing at Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove. Want to prove your car is the fastest? Do you think the Dyno Competition results don't show the true capabilities of your car? Now's your chance to show everyone. Talk some smack and then back it up on the strip. It's all for the bragging rites...until next year. Gates open at 10am.

Last edited by grifter; 06-28-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
Jugomugo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16520
What I Drive: 2003 Infra-red SVT Focus #1257

FF Reputation: 1 Jugomugo Good Standing Member
Awwwwwwwwwwww yeah.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
avengerc4
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(

Fan#: 493
What I Drive: 02 PWorks SVTF, 2014 Subaru Outback

FF Reputation: 4 avengerc4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
blarney isl link don't work. Is the drag strip free then or no?!? I will still prolly only be able to go the first day but we'll see.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
grifter
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Link works now. For some reason the url was parsed with the closing parenthesis.

The dragstrip costs is not included in any of the event pricing. If you wish to go to watch, you pay the spectator fees at the gate. If you want to race, you pay the fees at the gate.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:54 AM   #5
focus_guy_03
Powering America

Fan#: 3336
What I Drive: '14 Focus ST3, '14 Explorer XLT 4WD

FF Reputation: 10 focus_guy_03 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Is the day at GLD going to be just our group, or will there be other groups there too?

Mike

XboxLive GamerTag - focusguyzx5
Old 06-29-2007, 09:45 AM   #6
grifter
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus_guy_03 View Post
Is the day at GLD going to be just our group, or will there be other groups there too?

Mike
It's an open day for the strip, so whoever wants to show up and run can. My guess is that many others will be there.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:12 AM   #7
Wagamos
Stock

Fan#: 21396
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3; 03 ZX3 PZEV

FF Reputation: 13 Wagamos Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Aww man i wanna go to this! My suspension should be completely finished and aligned by then!
Old 06-29-2007, 11:34 AM   #8
grifter
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagamos View Post
Aww man i wanna go to this! My suspension should be completely finished and aligned by then!
We'd love to have you there.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:58 PM   #9
kevdizzle
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 48292
What I Drive: 2002 Midnight Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 kevdizzle Good Standing Member
bummer, thats when i'm heading out to colorado. i was going to have my new whip by then too :(
Old 06-30-2007, 12:12 AM   #10
focus'N'SHO
Focus Addict

Fan#: 41331
What I Drive: 2000, twilight blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focus'N'SHO Good Standing Member
I'm gonna try to make it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks