HELP!! CEL Chip & Header - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
Zetecrazy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41292
What I Drive: 2002 Yellow ZX3 MTX

FF Reputation: 5 Zetecrazy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
HELP!! CEL Chip & Header

I have had a race header with the MIL o2 cheater and my CEL light was not on. I bought a Diablpsport Delta chip and had it on the car for a month, but had problems with the LED on the toggle switch not working (no CEL on), so I sent the chip back. I got a new chip and put it in and now my CEL keeps on coming on reading P0136 (o2 bank 1 sensor 2) I replaced the downstream o2 sensor figuring this might be the problem, but everytime I turn off the light it comes back on shortly after. The chip is tuned to the header. What could be the cause of this CEL light coming on?? I figured the chip and CEL timing might have been coincidental, but now I don't know. Shouldn't a header tune turn off the CEL, not on? and could it possibly mean the MIL o2 cheater went bad? or do you think it is the chip?

SRI, 2 1/2" custom catback-FC race header, Xcal2, NOS 75 shot, heater and fuel pressure switch, Zex purge, AZFS22C plugs, Bomz Racing seats, CF hood, Roush kit, pillar gauges, whiteface gauges, CF mirrors, halo headlights, Bomz coilovers.

Bookmarks & Social Networks