What car did you own before your Focus? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2006, 07:46 AM   #11
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,169, Level 97
Points: 27,169, Level: 97 Points: 27,169, Level: 97 Points: 27,169, Level: 97
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I am so humbled by the previous list, but then I'm only in my mid 30's so I haven't had so many vehicles.

First to the wagon with quotable quotes.
1966 Chevy II "Nova" 194 I6, 3 spd column shift "How do you drive an automatic with a clutch Alex?" "Where does this BB go..." (Holley 1912 1 bbl)
1984 Celica GT 22R-E 2.4 I4, 5 spd "Do you really need a 950 amp battery in a Toyota?"
1983 Mazxa RX-7 12-A, 5 spd "10k rpm in second gear!!!!" "That 4 bbl is so cute"
1987 Dodge Daytona CS ed 2.2 t/i "I don't think that GTA had a 350 in it the way you smoked it" "Is that a piston hanging down under your motor?"
1982 Chevy Celibrity CS 2.8 V6, auto "I look at your car one day it's two tone, the next day it's one color, then it's two tone again?" (special factory paint)
1984 Buick Century 2.5 FI I4 , auto "Is there supposed to be oil in the air cleaner like that?"
1966 Dodge 330, 318 poly head, pushbutton 727 "If you use the lap belt your head will impact the metal dash in an accident, if you don't you can take your chances with the uncoated windshield. The driver goes first in a head on after the steering column is pushed through their chest- some small consolation to the passenger"
1982 Honda Civic wagon 1.5 I4 (ran around town for 3 days with no belts on a 900 amp battery with the water pump locked up)
1987 Subaru wagon (good flat 4's are air cooled)
1960 Valiant 225 /6, pushbutton 904 "That's the coolest car I've ever seen" (no lie, more girls digged this car than anything I've ever driven)
1967 Barracuda sedan 318/727, 340/727 "Yeah, you're right, a 350 is bigger than a 340, so you wanna run for $500 instead?"
1989 Buick Skylark 2.5 TBI I4, auto "Man she is really getting it!!!(racing)" (made during Skylark vs 92ish Prelude 2.0 5spd)
1988 Mazda RX-7 13B rotary, 5 spd "I don't think they knew how to make FI work on these engines"
1985 Monte Carlo 4.3 V6 TBI/ T-Metric and 305 TBI/ 700R4 "I'm sorry officer my speedometer hasn't worked right since I swapped motors and trannys" "This car reads 26 mpg according to the odometer, and it's reading less than it should" "Wow.. look at all that carbon built up on the head!"
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 307/ 350 BOP "I never thought I'd ever say that a car would be better off with a Chevy SB" "I thought 307's were good motors?"
1987 Ranger long bed 2.9 V6, 5 spd "You could've bought a new car for all the work you've done on this truck" (swapped motors, rebuilt engine, 2 tranny swaps, replaced all bushings, installed both sway bars from 88 Bronco, cornered like a sports car at stock ride height, hauled many parts)
1994 Ford Aerostar 3.0 V6, 5 spd "They made these with a stick??" (I really started liking Fords after this van + the Ranger)
2005 Ford Focus ZXW "That's a nice car" (personally I think they are crazy, all cars are junk eventually, I won't buy new again until I make 1 million or more)

I've had more cars, but these are the ones that I drove on a regular basis with the exception of the Valiant and Barracuda which were weekend drivers. I always wanted to put a V8 in the Valiant using the 330's trans, but my business partner stole $$$$$ from me. I lost all cars, all engines, all equipment, a girlfriend, and had to move back in with my parents in my 30's. A Jewish broker friend of mine told me "I'd rather shovel crap in the street than have a partner in business" and I concur.

The carbon on the head comment with the Monte Carlo happened after the 305 developed a cam knock. This is when we discovered that Chevy SB's have crap for oil distribution, and if you're going to run a motor at low rpms at all times, you need a high pressure oil pump or oil restrictors to make it last more than 30k miles. Yeah, V8's can get better than 40 mpg with a .68:1 top gear and a 2.73:1 rear gear, but the cost in motors might offset the pump savings.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.