Track: slightly better quarter times - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-12-2006, 11:40 PM   #1
netdrgoon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 26752
What I Drive: 2005 Focus Zx3 se D20 M5 - blazing

FF Reputation: 2 netdrgoon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Track: slightly better quarter times

Okay, today I went to the track again, and here is what I ended up with:

1/8 et 9.33@76.77mph 1/4 et 14.49@96.49mph 2.18 60' (~58 degree 40% humidity 1000ft).

Now my last time was a 14.73@96.59mph, 2.36 60ft, and today I did lots of times like that. Notice the trap speed.

So I brought the 60ft down to NA level today ( I can pretty consistently cut 2.18-2.2 of the bottle), and that helped. Now to just get the 60ft a little lower, say 2.0..lol.

It was kinda cool today, but I didn't have my bottle warmer hooked up or my nitrous pressure gauge connected, so I don't know what the pressure was and couldn't have changed it if I did. I started the day with about 6.5lbs of nitrous though. Whatever it was, it was consistent, cause I didn't use THAT much (maybe 4-5 nitrous passes) and it was ~ the same temp all day.

I agree with a few that were there, it would be better if I had my new clutch in. I'm pretty shocked this stocker hasn't given up the ghost yet anyway!

Notice also: this time I ran with a full interior, just no jack and spare. So it was actually ~65lbs heavier than normal (about 3% gross heavier than the 14.73 run from the last time) and I still ran 1/4 second faster!

That is so far .86 seconds faster than NA (15.35), and I think all things left the same except the clutch, it could do more.

So for next time (meaning this spring), I'll do the following:

new plugs
change the oil before I go (I'm at around 5500 miles on my mobil 1 right now..lol..can't hurt!)
take out the extra ~65lbs ballast
new clutch (and flywheel- add 10lbs more reduced from the weight of the car...bringing it up to ~135lbs removed overall, including raceday ballast removal)

By then intake manifold will be in, and in Jan/Feb, the cams/valvetrain will be in. If that won't take the time off, I'll light it on fire and push it over a cliff.

My mad torque caused another exhaust leak at the flexpipe too!

I'm getting closer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.