SVT owners: Post reviews of your Tune! - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-04-2006, 09:00 AM   #61
BlokesSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23440
What I Drive: 2003, Black, SVT. #2576 of 3985

FF Reputation: 1 BlokesSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
1. Tom
2. Diablo Predator
3. $370 shipped
4. 1 week
5. No more surging between 2,000 and 3,000 rpms, excellent throttle response, low and mid-range drivability better, especially with the A/C on. Car seems to drive a lot better and can launch a lot easier. Worth the money!
6. Very easy to deal with. 1 phone call and a few pm's. All questions answered quickly.
7. No dyno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2006, 11:37 AM   #62
tec-9-7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 36870
What I Drive: 2008 WR Blue Mica Impreza WRX

FF Reputation: 1 tec-9-7 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Re: SVT owners: Post reviews of your Tune!

1. Tom Lesperence - http://www.focus-power.com/view.php?showme=Home
2. Predator
3. $380 shipped to my door
4. ~ 3 weeks
5. This tune loaded basically by the numbers - there are enough threads here about the Predator that I didn't have any issues loading. The biggest differences are in drivability. The bogging is gone (still a bit w/ AC on, but in Washington I don't use it all that often), as is the surging. The car also seems to rev much more freely in the upper RPM range. Seat-of-the-pants, the car feels quicker and more responsive. My fuel economy has plummeted in town (possible cause is a heavy right foot) to around 20-22 MPG, BUT highway mileage is now in excess of 34 MPG (w00t). My car is TC equipped, and this was not altered in the tune Tom sent me. The car has always felt reasonably quick, and this tune, subjectively, has improved on that.
6. Tom has been extremely easy to deal with - quick response to IMs and emails - I sent him a personal check, and he shipped my unit the day it cleared my bank. Good support which should come as no surprise based on his other feedback.
7. Here's my dyno chart (Dynojet incase you are wondering) - I did not dyno before modifications, and was unable to figure out how to load the Original Backup when I was at the shop and they were getting ready to close. Modifications are: Tom's tune, Focus-Sport Cool-flo (w/ HRW mod):

Assuming a standard 15% drivetrain loss for an FWD car, you can see the 152 peak hp puts this car at ~180 FWHP - not bad for a car rated at 170 from the factory.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:55 AM   #63
bscarter11
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9632
What I Drive: 2003 Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 bscarter11 Good Standing Member
I just reviewed a new test tune for Tom on the focus power section of the board. This would be for an SVT/SCT XCal 1 setup. Initial quality looks good. You really have to watch how you use the clutch to max out the new power down low. But you all can catch the full review there.

Scott
Old 09-01-2006, 05:09 AM   #64
apex214
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37876
What I Drive: 2003 Focus SVT, silver

FF Reputation: 43 apex214 Great Standing Member
1. Tom L. at Focus-power.com
2. Diablosport Predator
3. Less than $400
4. 2 days
5. My car is stock except for this tune. Install was easy(10 min or less) once I contacted Tom to get the basic steps cleared up. The instructions from the manufacturer(Diablosport) are HORRIBLE. Tom was quick to reply to emails and offered his cell# which I did not need after he sent a simple, one line email outlining the procedure. Tune impressions: throatier exhaust note noticed first time engine started. Revs still hang a bit between shifts but then drop much more quickly than stock. Throttle response is much more aggressive, especially at low rpm. Useable power starts below 2k revs. I can cruise in 6th at 1500 and not lug the engine. No more part throttle cruise surging, power curve feels like it lost some of the peaks and valleys. No more DSI dip and rise around 4k-5k.
6. Shipping was quick enough. See above item for other "Tuner" comments.
7. Dyno links? Who cares...I use the "butt dyno" It served me well so far lol
Old 09-17-2006, 09:53 PM   #65
Jimmydigital00
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37169
What I Drive: 2003, Pitch Black Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Jimmydigital00 Good Standing Member
Toms Tunes
Predator
1 week
My SVTF is now on steroids. Motor feels healthy and very responsive. Stock Ford tune is a little to fat and tends to bog if RPMS drop. Toms Tune is a must for SVTF owners. Best bang for the buck upgrade to the this car, next best is Nitrous. :)
Tom thanks for the fast shipping and fast reponse to my emails.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:02 AM   #66
scrammer
Banned

Fan#: 26570
What I Drive: February 2010 ROTM

FF Reputation: 172 scrammer Excellent Standing Member scrammer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
1. Tom Lesperence [focus-power.com]
2. Diablosport Predator
3. 381 shipped
4. 1 month
5. First thing i noticed was a bit of a whine from the motor; dont know if that is normal. but the car was very reactive to the tune until i reset the ECU. after that, it was a completely different beast. low end bog went away. gas mileage stayed the same. the biggest thing i noticed is that i can now chirp 3rd gear without really trying! and this is on stock clutch/flywheel! and exclusively to diablosport, i love the datalogging. you can go down the highway and monitor your engines vitals right on the tuner and you have the option of recording it. this is by far the best thing i have ever done to my SVTF!
6. Tom is great when i had only a few questions. gave me some free advise as well. great guy to work with! and unlike other vendors, i got my tuner to my door within a few days of purchase!
Old 11-29-2006, 04:00 PM   #67
JETBLEU
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 17957
What I Drive: 02 sonic blu svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 JETBLEU Good Standing Member
toms tune

just installed tom's tune. love it. car idles just right, and pulls hard. paid $385 shipped. haven't taken it down the 1/4, track is closed for the winter here in n. cal. was running a best of 15.1, with all the bolt-ons. since then i've installed an aluminum flywheel, stage 1 clutch and the tune. hoping to finally break into the 14's.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:26 PM   #68
Chippy49
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29215
What I Drive: 2004 SVT ZX3 Pitch Black

FF Reputation: 1 Chippy49 Good Standing Member
1. Tom
2. predator
3. 376
4. About 7 hours
5. Bog is completely gone, and i can hear the engine whine a little bit. Exhaust note is awesome.
6. You get what you pay for, and with Tom you get great customer service and the tune to go along with it!

"I might of been born during the day, but I wasn't born yesterday!"
Old 01-16-2007, 08:37 PM   #69
BadCanadian SVT
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 42460
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 BadCanadian SVT Good Standing Member
tuner

Diablosport Predator.
Easy to install after I updated it. 15 mins total time to install.
Just installed 20 mins ago. I still have my surge but the bottom end power seems better. It pulls like mad on top, but IMO it only feels like 5 or so horsepower overall. Not too sure if my traction control is disabled either as the light still flashes at me when the tires spin. For 500 bones I think I could have bought some other goodies to spice it up it a bit. Overall Id give it a 6 out of ten. Maybe after I get some cash together I will throw it on my local dyno before the tune and after to really see on paper what this tune can actually do.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #70
SVT-SAGE
Banned

Fan#: 43249
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVTF

FF Reputation: 15 SVT-SAGE Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
1.Dewayne Logan http://www.loganmotorsports.com/John_St.Germain.html
2.SCT XCAL 1
3.200$
4.2 Hrs
5.Install took about 20 mins felt like an eternity, Start the car up VROOOM, idle settles quickly to 850, drop in first take off and WOW what a difference from stock. I rev it til my new redline 7600rpm, and yeah power keeps on coming after stock 7300rpm. This seems like an aggressive tune cant wait to get a track tune- 3k Drag launch with a 100 octane tune. One of the best mods so far.
6.Dewayne was a cool guy very Pro, definately going back for another tune and some dyno tuning.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->