anyone here SCCA with focus? - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-06-2006, 03:02 AM   #1
Soaper
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20054
What I Drive: 04 SVT Lightning

FF Reputation: 1 Soaper Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
anyone here SCCA with focus?

if so was jut wandering what class and what u had to do all to compete... thanks!

Smitty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2006, 07:26 AM   #2
torradan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25031
What I Drive: 2005 ZX4

FF Reputation: 7 torradan Good Standing Member
Regular Focus = H-Stock
SVT Focus = G-Stock

Then any modifications will bump you around in other classes (I'm in STS at the moment, and getting demolished, because of my CAI)
Western New York SCCA - Cone Killer #440
Old 07-06-2006, 09:01 AM   #3
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
I have raced my SVTF in Gstock for 3 years, and they are competitive in both classes. (At least at the regional level.) The Mini Cooper and Cooper S own H and G Stock respectively at the national level.

The car is extrememly fun and fast right out of the box!
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 07-06-2006, 09:06 AM   #4
gitar111
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24036
What I Drive: 2002 infared SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 gitar111 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
i am gettin my a$$ handed to me in STS, but recently found out that i should be in FSP because of the throttle body, but no one seems to care that much when all the little civic hatchbacks are beating me consistently by 3-5 seconds in STS
Old 07-06-2006, 09:07 AM   #5
cruzstyle
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12277
What I Drive: 2005 white focus zx3

FF Reputation: 5 cruzstyle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
here in Sc im in STSN and my friend john is in STS hes the STS south region champion 2 years running . so u will do good just start now and get used to driving. before u start modding the sooner u start the better. kinda like Carrera26 sig says
Old 07-06-2006, 09:10 AM   #6
gitar111
Focus Enthusiast

^^^+1^

i have never had so much fun losing at something. When everyone else is beating you, all you can do is try to improve your time on every run. I'll be out there this sunday to make the rest of the STS crew look good, and i will enjoy doing it.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:09 AM   #7
jaimz
my car breaks!

Fan#: 23734
What I Drive: 02 silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 jaimz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
i'm going to start running in SCCA here in cincinnati next summer, maybe break in a little bit the end of this year, but not expect to accumulate points yet.

i don't know what class i'll be in though.

i have sumitomo htr zii tires (ultra performance summer tires, almost like the goodyear eagle f1 gs-ds) a short ram aem intake, and i'm about to slap on a focus central 4-2-1 header / flex pipe with a 2.5inch magnaflow catback.

so i don't know what class i'd be in at the moment, but first things first. i have to reconnect my front sway bar! (i noticed it decided to pop off when i was last changing my oil)
Old 07-06-2006, 02:07 PM   #8
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Yet again, the only thing that you would be dissapionted in would be not getting in sooner. Experience makes more difference than ANYTHING, and why not have a blast for the rest of the summer?
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 07-06-2006, 02:10 PM   #9
gitar111
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by jaimz22
i'm going to start running in SCCA here in cincinnati next summer, maybe break in a little bit the end of this year, but not expect to accumulate points yet.

i don't know what class i'll be in though.

i have sumitomo htr zii tires (ultra performance summer tires, almost like the goodyear eagle f1 gs-ds) a short ram aem intake, and i'm about to slap on a focus central 4-2-1 header / flex pipe with a 2.5inch magnaflow catback.

so i don't know what class i'd be in at the moment, but first things first. i have to reconnect my front sway bar! (i noticed it decided to pop off when i was last changing my oil)

i think you'd be in STS, not sure if the header and flex pipe bump you up to FSP or not, carrera can probably let you know on that one, but STS can be a tough class. I definately as not in it for the points, i'm in it for the fun. If you want to be in it for the points get ready to spend a lot of $$$
Old 07-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #10
jaimz
my car breaks!

Fan#: 23734
What I Drive: 02 silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 jaimz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrera26
Yet again, the only thing that you would be dissapionted in would be not getting in sooner. Experience makes more difference than ANYTHING, and why not have a blast for the rest of the summer?
i ran at jetfest my first time. i did have fun. my best was 63 seconds even at jetfest and i hit a cone on that run (added 2 seconds) it probably would have been about 60 - 59 seconds flat if i didn't hit the cone because i wouldn't have slowed down

at that time my car was bone stock too. the roads i drive down on a daily basis are like an autocross track. so it's all second nature to me (you know like going 70 around a 15mph suggested curve :P )

Bookmarks & Social Networks