SVT bogging problem; CEL code P0352 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
DandySVT
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 36523
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 DandySVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SVT bogging problem; CEL code P0352

Lookin' for some help on this bugger of a problem!! I know NOTHING about engine repair but determined to do this on my own. Here's the full engine code:

P0352 - Ignition Coil B Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction

Symptons:

While driving, car started bogging down suddenly, as if a plug wire popped. Had very little power. After a few minutes, car returned to normal. Thereafter, car intermittently would bog down, pop back to normal, bog down, etc. (The car is now in full 'bogging' mode - it no longer magically returns to normal.)

Attempted fixes thus far:

Replaced fuel filter, spark plugs, valve cover gasket (saw some oil on spark plug #4's threads), ignition coil, spark plug wires. Cleaned connections to ignition coil, cleaned MAF sensor.

Notes and after thoughts:

I didn't have the engine code until after I tried the fuel filter, plugs, and valve cover gasket (CEL didn't come on immediately.) After I disconnected and cleaned connector to ignition coil and MAF, the bogging started immediately on start-up and continued steadily. Prior to this, the car would start ok, idle ok...but at soon as I put it in gear and gave it a little gas, the bogging would start. I'd pop into neutral and the engine returned to normal idle. Also, I heard some popping from the exhaust after releasing a neutral rev.

If it's a problem with the wiring related to the ignition coil, not sure how to fix it. Could be wiring from coil to ECU...or even ECU? (Where is the ECU on a 2003 SVT!?) Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help!

Bookmarks & Social Networks