3 Fanatics at the Autocross... - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2006, 05:58 PM   #1
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
3 Fanatics at the Autocross...

Just wanted to post that we had 3 FFers at our big event yesterday. Myself, Venom713 (AKA Chad), and Jeremiah (forget his handle). This was Jeremiah's first time, and so he went out with me on my first 2 and I rode with him his first 2. I just wanted to let him know that he really impressed me right off the bat, and that he did very well for his very first event. He got a bit torqued off when he went off-course on his first run (missed an offset gate after a fast 'n tricky section) but stayed on for the other 3 and if I remember correctly didn’t even smack a cone. If he sticks with it then I think he’ll become very competitive in a short amount of time.

Chad wasn’t able to race that day, but he brought his girl out to watch, along with a buddy of his who owns an SRT-4 and was talking some smack about Foci right up until he watched me smoke a tuned (STU) SRT-4 ACR pretty convincingly. Here’s what he had to say;

“Sunday was so much fun for me... and i wasnt even racing! …I can NOT get over the look on my friends face when you RIPPED through the course, upping any SRT-4 by a good 2 seconds.

He didn’t believe me when I told him your focus was the only focus out of the bunch that was stock (the other two I though at least had different exhausts). "there's no way a stock focus could out run a SRT-4, let alone that one with all the mods done to it." and he heard it from your own mouth, you only have different tires on her... Oh the joy i got out of that moment you will never understand!!!”

Chad was just about crawling out of his skin with excitement now that he’s been to his first event, and I think I may have helped to create another cone-hunting maniac. We look forward to seeing him out on course, as well as Jeremiah, on the 16th.

I also wanted to mention that after about 2 years of petitioning, we got half of the parking lot of a major mall right in the city. Tons of spectators, lots of exposure for the club, and many great cars. It was so much fun to see so many people coming over to watch us tear it up, and hopefully the mall people saw how many people we were drawing in. Usually we are in such seclusion that new people have a heck of a time even finding the venue, but this was great. Perfect weather too, even though thunderstorms were on the forecast.

Anybody in the central Iowa region who want to come out and have a blast, please pre-register at www.dmvrscca.org for the next event at Southridge Mall on July 16th.

Hopefully I’ll have pics and videos up here soon.

Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...

Bookmarks & Social Networks