I am dedicated to autocrossing - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-09-2006, 02:58 PM   #1
gitar111
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24036
What I Drive: 2002 infared SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 gitar111 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I am dedicated to autocrossing

this may be an off topic story, but it involves autox, so i put it here. This past weekend i turned 21 on saturday at midnight (may 7th).

On saturday night i worked from about 5 til 11:30, got home at 12:15, and went out and drank til i couldn't see, and passed out around 3. Then i woke up at 8am to my roommate knocking on my door saying... "hey git, you alive in there" and i responded, "nooo..... i wanna race" So i got my self out of bed, pulled my car around the block so i could unload it from work the night before (i'm a dj, and yes my focus can hold all my stuff) and was out the door by 8:45 to make it to north park in time to register by 9:30. It's about 20-30 minutes from where i live.

Now i had slept maybe 4 hours, because i woke up at one point to donate some of my alcohol to my toilet. And when i woke up i was definately still drunk and probably still somewhat drunk on my way to the track, but luckily i just had to follow my room mate's car the whole way. Well, I made it to the track, and my first run i went way off course.... twice, but hit no cones. But after that i got my act together and did half decent. And the event went until about 6:30 that night, because everyone in the world decided to show up that day.

But that is my story of autoX dedication, please comment.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #2
..:: sleestak ::..
on thin air

Fan#: 22528
What I Drive: 04 Forester XTi

FF Reputation: 80 ..:: sleestak ::.. Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
wow....

+ =

HOWEVER, I will say this:

Even though that is dangerous and irresponsible .....that sounds freakin fun, lol.

"Our mother of blessed accelleration, dont fail us now!" -- Elwood Blues
Old 05-09-2006, 04:03 PM   #3
gitar111
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24036
What I Drive: 2002 infared SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 gitar111 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
yes, i agree that driving drunk is never a good idea, and my first run was pathetic. But i drank a whole lot of water before i left, and after my first run, i just had to deal with racing tired, which is safer.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:04 PM   #4
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I hear that man, and I have done the same sort of thing. I once not only raced, but setup and Co-Chaired an autox after 28 hours without sleep. (That's when I started setting up, in a big-time rainstorm. Just couldn't sleep, don't know why...)

Happy birthday, man, and I hope you had fun at the event!
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 05-09-2006, 07:30 PM   #5
Klondike
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
hope u had a good b-day dude, and autoX is great fun, but someone still hungover is a no no
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Old 05-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #6
JBrotbeck
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 31749
What I Drive: 2000 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 JBrotbeck Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
(Mounting Soap Box)

Ahem....You must have hid it well if you were still drunk. If I was working registration or waivers, I would have pulled you aside and given you a sobriety test if I could smell it on you. Autocross is not an environment that should be taken lightly as far as safety is concerned. Remind me when I run in your region to wear full body armor and hide behind a light pole if I work a corner.

(Dismounting Soap Box)

Happy Birthday and glad you got it out of your system. Tell your mom to give you a spankin' next time you see her.
National F&C

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->