European-Parts.net - Still trustworthy? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #1
T-V
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7690
What I Drive: '07 SES 3-Door - Pitch Black

FF Reputation: 23 T-V Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
European-Parts.net - Still trustworthy?

I'm looking to order those black versions of the ST170 headlights, made by the same company as the ST170's but not OEM.

Anyway, The only place I can find them at a good price is European-Parts.net. I read some things recently on here that made my rethink getting the lights from them. Has anyone recently done business with them? If so, how did it go? I am weary to order something overseas, especially if their reputation is getting worse.

Also, does anyone have those particular lights? They look amazing and I'm assuming they are OEM quality.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:10 PM   #2
SVT Robzor
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26230
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 5 SVT Robzor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I'm not sure, I havent heard much good about them recently. FWIW, I emailed them, oh, 8 weeks ago? about a euro shift knob, and got no response...
Old 09-15-2006, 01:18 PM   #3
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing MemberChick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
I bought my ST170's from them about 2 years ago and I will never do business with them ever again. One of my headlights came broken (the tab holding the reflector on was broken) so I email Sascha about it. It took almost 5 months to get a replacement cause he had to wait for insurance to cover it plus I was emailing him every week asking when he was gonna do something about it. It took him 2 months of saying 'oh I was on vacation' 'oh I forgot' 'oh this & that' to get it done. Never again.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:26 PM   #4
Flinkly
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29577
What I Drive: 2004 2.3L Liquid Grey ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 Flinkly Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
dang, i wish i had heard about this. ordered a fuel door a couple weeks back and have been waiting for it to show up. not very breakable and comes unpainted, but i'd hate to have to fight for a replacement. it cost a bit too.

are there any other options for european parts? i was looking at bumpers recently...
Old 09-15-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

Fan#: 31282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I personally have never ordered from them, but I have heard more complaints than anything about them.
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Old 09-15-2006, 01:38 PM   #6
Flinkly
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29577
What I Drive: 2004 2.3L Liquid Grey ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 Flinkly Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
you will always hear more complaints than anything else in an open forum.

in defense of european-parts, i have yet to have a bad experience, and it sounds like things are on their way back up in the service department. i would have liked a tracking number for my shipment, but that won't make it get here any faster. and i can't even paint my parts yet, so other than oogling it or driving around in primer, it won't help me.

let's no knock the company just yet...they are after all one of the only european parts distributors, and have the largest catalog. keep up the good work guys.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:52 PM   #7
T-V
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7690
What I Drive: '07 SES 3-Door - Pitch Black

FF Reputation: 23 T-V Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So, that seals my decision not to order from them. I know people have had positive experiences, but hearing this is enough to keep me from ordering from them, especially since they are overseas.

Is there anywhere else to order ST170's or the 2002 black versions of them?
Old 09-15-2006, 02:24 PM   #8
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
There's been ALOT of people experiencing problems with them lately, on this site and many others.

Personally I would be EXTREMELY LEERY when planning a purchase from them. Honestly, if it was me, I'd take the multiple 'negative' threads about them as a huge sign.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:02 PM   #9
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
*shrugs*

I ordered a Euro locking hood latch from him, and I promptly received my parts within two weeks of making my payment via paypal. People seem to expect too much out of vendors...you are buying from a company that is shipping merchandise from Germany, so naturally its going to take more than three days for something to arrive at your door. On top of which, has anyone ever dealt with insurance claims with a domestic carrier like UPS or FedEx? They operate just like a regular insurance company...that is, if something broke its not their fault and they'll fight you every step of the way. I bought some leather racing seats from another member on here, and when the box arrived it looked like it had been carted through a warzone. I tried to get UPS to cover the damages, and they lost my box for a month before stating that the seats were damaged due to improper packaging and they weren't responsible for the damage. I can only imagine what dealing with an international carrier would be like in such matters.

I'm sure I'll be labeled as Sascha's "little bitch" or "brown-noser" for sticking up for him (just like when I covered for Tom when he was getting bashed for not doing tunes for stock cars,) but some of the "negative feedback" against european-parts is totally assinine. There's a risk you're going to take when you order from a company that's based overseas, and if you expect service that rivals the service you'd get at a retail store across the street from you then maybe you shouldn't be ordering from a company that's based overseas.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #10
hotdealz25
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32723
What I Drive: its better then yourz

FF Reputation: 1 hotdealz25 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
i ordered sum euro tails a while back and sum eyelids no problems here

Bookmarks & Social Networks