SVTF Help: Good Brake Pads - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-14-2006, 01:40 AM   #1
2004SVTAutoXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
SVTF Help: Good Brake Pads

Well midway through another autox season and my break pads have seen better days. I'm looking for some pads that will be effective from 200-800 degrees so that I can track them and still drive the streets with them, but I'm having a real hell of a time getting any info on this for the pads available.

Does anyone know of references or links to manufacturers of decent SVTF pads? I know of EBC, Baer, factory, etc . . . but what are the effective braking temp ratings for their respective pads?

SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2006, 08:47 PM   #2
brawls43
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11151
What I Drive: An Orange EAP

FF Reputation: 3 brawls43 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I like my Hawk HPS pads for street, more grip the stock and good feel. Hawk makes an HP Plus especially for autocross, so that might be worthy of a try. There's a guy over in Macomb with a shop that'll get you a good price on the pads too.
SVT Squad #225
Old 06-14-2006, 09:07 PM   #3
pspringe
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 17992
What I Drive: 95 Metro, 03 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 5 pspringe Good Standing Member
A BMW buddy of mine sent me here:

www.cobaltfriction.com

I am going to go with the Hawks myself here in a few weeks. I have heard a lot of good things.

Kariertes Hemd und Samenstau, ich studier' Maschienenbau.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:16 PM   #4
awnuts
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12680
What I Drive: 2001 Red ZX3 with Zetec

FF Reputation: 6 awnuts Good Standing Member
Check here for EBC stats I use the red pads myself anf theres no fade.

http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/load?t=...0c5f42b238842e
Magnaflow cat back, EBC sport rotors with red pads,Focus sport stress bar,Yokohama EVS tires,volant cai,screamin demon coil and wires. Red powder coated calipers,Focal 5 spoke tuner wheels deep chrome edge.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.