2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #1
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 25,851, Level 96
Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe

Production photos of the 3 series coupe are out....im too lazy to post them on here, go to edmunds to look. Not even sure if this is old news but this is the latest from edumnds.

"What We Know: Official details on the 2008 BMW 3 Series coupe are out and there are few surprises. Topping the lineup will be the new 335Ci. Although the coupe still uses a 3.0-liter straight six, twin turbochargers help produce 300 hp and 300 lb-ft of torque. With its standard six-speed manual transmission, BMW says it will accelerate from 0-to-60 in just 5.3 seconds. A six-speed automatic is optional, but there was no mention of BMW's SMG being offered. The entry-level model will be called the 328Ci. With 230 hp and 200 lb-ft of torque, BMW claims it will be faster than the current 330Ci. One new twist to the lineup will be the addition of 328xi coupe, an all-wheel drive version of the 328Ci. There are few changes to the interior of the coupe compared to the 3 Series sedan. A new Pearl Gray chrome finish on the door handles and gear shift lever is exclusive to the coupes along with a slightly revised instrument panel which includes an oil temperature gauge. Sales of the new 3 Series coupes start in September."

I was looking for a car with alittle more refinment and class, but still had performance for when i become a teacher. M3 would be nice, but way to expensive....but this 335Ci with the twin turbos looks pretty damn nice to me, especially if they offer it with the SMG tranny Oh and the 2008 M3 will sport a 4.0l V8 that produces 400hp so that it can compete with Audis upcoming RS4.

Once again if this is old news sorry, just thought it was interesting, ive been waiting to see what they were going to do with the coupe.

Old 05-07-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
focusedintentions
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7850
What I Drive: 07 Infiniti G35 6mt coupe silver

FF Reputation: 1 focusedintentions Good Standing Member
I'm willin to bet the motor in the new M3 is the old M5 motor....as carlos mencia would say...dur te dur te dur!!
My SVT is #604 of 1079
One of 104 with EAP
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2006, 08:01 PM   #3
Saketherobot
Banned

Fan#: 11210
What I Drive: is paid for!

FF Reputation: 1 Saketherobot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
uhh the e39 m5 motor (s62) was a 5.0L... the e90 M3 will be all new and all hot and the next car i will buy.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:19 PM   #4
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Re: 2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe

Quote:
Originally posted by DrkKnight614
PI was looking for a car with alittle more refinment and class, but still had performance for when i become a teacher.
You're planning on buying a 335Ci on a teacher's salary?

This is also in the latest issue of Autoweek, it's not on their website yet but I'm sure it will be soon. I'm just glad BMW went easy with the "new BMW" design touches - since this is their bread-and-butter car I'm guessing they tried to keep it from being too polarizing. I personally thought the previous generation of 3/5/7 series cars were some of the best-looking BMWs ever; the new "Bangle-approved" design just ain't doin' it for me, in particular I really dislike the headlight treatment and the odd trunk on the 7 series. Obviously there must have been a fairly good-sized amount of negative criticism, because newer designs (like the 3 series), and the refreshed 7 series toned down the look quite a bit.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #5
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
this thread is useless without pics!
Old 05-07-2006, 08:28 PM   #6
Saketherobot
Banned

az i agree the e46 is one of the hottest M3s ever...well next to the e30. anyways, the m3 hasnt be released yet but here is a pic of the coupe

Old 05-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #7
Saketherobot
Banned

here is more info/pics

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17989

hopefully the m3 will be more agressive looking. and the mod market should be helpful in making it look more uhh...better...i really like the front on the new 3's but the rear is lacking a lot.

the hotness that is the e46 m3

taken from http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=359610
Old 05-07-2006, 08:36 PM   #8
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i dont like that trunk all that much, but the rest of the car is the hottness....
Old 05-07-2006, 08:38 PM   #9
Saketherobot
Banned

on the 46? that trunk is pure CSL hotness...i think that car is flawless...but to each his own
Old 05-07-2006, 08:45 PM   #10
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 25,851, Level 96
Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Re: Re: 2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe

Quote:
Originally posted by azdamay
You're planning on buying a 335Ci on a teacher's salary?

This is also in the latest issue of Autoweek, it's not on their website yet but I'm sure it will be soon. I'm just glad BMW went easy with the "new BMW" design touches - since this is their bread-and-butter car I'm guessing they tried to keep it from being too polarizing. I personally thought the previous generation of 3/5/7 series cars were some of the best-looking BMWs ever; the new "Bangle-approved" design just ain't doin' it for me, in particular I really dislike the headlight treatment and the odd trunk on the 7 series. Obviously there must have been a fairly good-sized amount of negative criticism, because newer designs (like the 3 series), and the refreshed 7 series toned down the look quite a bit.
yea i am, whats wrong with that? Whats it going to start at 40k. Obviously id have to save alittle for the car, just like most people do. There are lots of teachers with bmws, and more expensive cars then that. Why is this a surprise to you, how much do you think teachers make?

i think the 46 is sweet, i always liked the sorta boxyness of the tree, and the suttle lip on the trunk is hottens. The new coupe thatll be coming out is hot also, the front looks crazy evil, like a shark about to eat something.

Last edited by DrkKnight614; 05-07-2006 at 08:56 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.