Racing/Street harness with STOCK seats??? - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK1 Focus > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-24-2006, 12:44 PM   #1
HaveBlue83

Fan#: 1358
What I Drive: a car

FF Reputation: 70 HaveBlue83 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Question Racing/Street harness with STOCK seats???

OK first off, I have SVT non recaro seats.....they are nice, but I still slide around in my seat a little while taking corners hard.....I looked into racing seats a little.....(had a post on them).....

is it feasable to mount a harness system (3,4,5-point) in my car WITHOUT bolting a harness bar into my car??? I just want to stay put when I am driving.......like an F-16 Pilot...

I either want:

1 - harness with SVT seats
2- Aftermarket seats AND harness

1 would be better.....2 is wishfull....

I know it would be BEST to get racing seats, a 5 point harness, and the harness bar.....but that is WAAAAY to much for me to do to this wonderful SVT......any suggestions on how to keep my butt in the seat, without the harness bar?

also, can you attatch the harness to the stock mounting locations, or would I have to drill holes in the floorboard to secure them?

I just dont want to get nice seats, a harness, and HAVE to put in a bar to secure the harness......

Old 03-24-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
p0sitivevibez
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11223
What I Drive: SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 p0sitivevibez Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
You can't attach harnesses to the seat if they don't come with a mount. Even if you made your own, would you really trust it? If your getting harnesses, you NEED a roll bar, not just for mounting but you don't want to flip and have that ceiling caving in on you strapped into those suckers.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:10 PM   #3
cruzstyle
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12277
What I Drive: 2005 white focus zx3

FF Reputation: 5 cruzstyle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
well at the auto-x track some guys who drive foci just use those metal clips that come out of the back seats that are used for carseats over in europe. they buy 1000lb c-clamps like what u use for rock climbing and attach there harrness to those they work fine and when the race is over they un do it and then the seat are back to stock for daily driving
Old 03-25-2006, 05:42 PM   #4
HaveBlue83

Fan#: 1358
What I Drive: a car

FF Reputation: 70 HaveBlue83 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
^^^^^HMMMMM......I'll look at my rear seats when my car gets back from the dealership.......good ingenuity on their part

Bookmarks & Social Networks