window smudge help - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection

Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection Discuss wax, polish, chamois, microfiber towels, simple cloth towel, scratch repair and paint protection. Use this Forum to discuss your cleaning tricks and techniques.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-01-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
ChaoticJello
Focus Addict

Fan#: 11815
What I Drive: 2003 cloud 9 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ChaoticJello Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
window smudge help

So.. when my window is wet, foggy or its raining there this huge smudge on the drivers side. extreamly hard to drive when its raining. its like its fogged but its not. it looks like a smear or like something one the window but ive cleaned the window i swear about 50 times and nothing. inside and out still it remains. its on the out side. its like something is on the window but you cant see it when the window is dry. it appears as like the window is fogged up when it is raining but its not fog its just a huge fog looking smear.

any help would be great, it really bothers me and im afrade it will cause a accident its hard to look threw like its dirty or something but it just wont go away. this weekend i have a long drive to make and it calls for rain. its really uncompterable to drive with it like this.

please help

Old 02-01-2006, 04:41 PM   #2
scrammer
Banned

Fan#: 26570
What I Drive: February 2010 ROTM

FF Reputation: 172 scrammer Excellent Standing Member scrammer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
uhhhh. maybe the smudge is on inside of the window? lol. wierd dude. try some 3M adhesive remover. you can get it at walmart. if you have some WD-40 just sitting around, try that first. how is your warranty looking?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
t_bone_c34
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17718
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 t_bone_c34 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
^^ Definitly odd. Try using some Windex with a non-color print newspaper to wipe it with. Newspaper doesnt leave streaks. Make sure you get the inside of the window as well, my windows get like that sometimes.

This Lambo once tried to race me. Yea thats right, I said tried... Because he didn't know about my Turbonator.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:53 PM   #4
ChaoticJello
Focus Addict

ive cleaned inside and out just as you have told me and yet it still remains. my warrnty is still good. i took to ford and they got the window wet and saw the same as i did they cleaned it and it still remains. they say it could be the clear coat on the window that could have issues but that would cost them to fix it. im still hoping its just a cleaning problem.

any other ideas?
Old 02-01-2006, 08:55 PM   #5
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Do you own a claybar? Buy one and try it, it can't hurt really. Maybe it can pull up whatever it is.

That's very strange, but at least the dealer recognized it, like it's replicable.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:29 AM   #6
arrestmespi
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 27586
What I Drive: '04 Mazdaspeed Mx-5, '72 M35A2

FF Reputation: 27 arrestmespi Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
same damn problem was on my focus. It is silicone on the the winshield get some glass polish to clean it of, them make sure not to get car wash soap on the windshield. also to keep it clean use invisible glass.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:19 AM   #7
babyface
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 29791
What I Drive: '06 ZX4 ST, '06 Escape, '87 911 Cab

FF Reputation: 5 babyface Good Standing Member
did you buy your car used, if so, they my have had some paint or an adhesive sticker in the windsheild that left some residue. Even after cleaning my windows numerous times, I can still see the outline of the window sticker in my rear driver side window, and there is still outlines where they used that wipe off paint shit. It's only really noticeable when the windows fog up or rain. If so, try a little goo gone, on a terry cloth, just a little bit, that helped my sitch quite a bit.
ST Crew #1

Current Mods: Silverstars, iPad radio/navigation, center muffler delete, Hella 700FF driving lights, brakes, Red/White footwell LED's, lock-switch lights, Tigger doll from GF
Old 02-22-2006, 03:40 PM   #8
ChaoticJello
Focus Addict

turns out i use this rain X window cleaner to keep the windows water proof and it was just that wearing off in a really weird way. its never done that before but I probably need new wiper too but its all fixed :) thanks for the input tho guys.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:46 PM   #9
b16sir1991
Focused Focus

Fan#: 16612
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, Sonic Blue

Points 12,236, Level 72
Points: 12,236, Level: 72 Points: 12,236, Level: 72 Points: 12,236, Level: 72
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 175 b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (116)
Clean that off with vinagar and water solution and newspaper.

Oct 2005 Ride of the month.
SVT Squad #25
Call me Mike......

Give rep points and feedback when you appreciate someone on here!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.