finding an SVT Dealer for service - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-21-2005, 10:08 PM   #1
abominable
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17526
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT 3dr

FF Reputation: 1 abominable Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Question finding an SVT Dealer for service

I'm trying to locate an SVT dealer near me to take my car in for service. I didn't like the service dept of the one I went to previously. Anyway, I searched on the Ford/SVT site for a dealer near me, but I see 2 types. One is an SVT Dealer and the other is the SVT Focus Dealer (they have different logos). Well, my question is if the ones that are SVT Focus Dealers count as SVT Dealers when it comes to service and warranty work.

Also, if anybody knows a good SVT Dealer for service near the NYC area, I'd love to hear some feedback.

Old 03-22-2005, 08:43 PM   #2
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing MemberWD40 Excellent Standing Member
Basically, an SVT fOCUS Dealer is one that's undergoing a "trial" period.
Once they get good marks and good customer reviews for a set period of time,
they can become a full SVT Certified Dealer.

You should be OK using either one.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:59 PM   #3
RedSVT 03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9221
What I Drive: 2005 Brilliant Red Audi 2.0T Q

FF Reputation: 1 RedSVT 03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by WD40
Basically, an SVT fOCUS Dealer is one that's undergoing a "trial" period.
Once they get good marks and good customer reviews for a set period of time,
they can become a full SVT Certified Dealer.

You should be OK using either one.
I don't think that statment is entirely true. I believe that any Ford dealership is authorized to sell the SVT Focus, but only the Focus. In order for them to sell the Cobra's (as new), they have to be an authorized SVT dealership, which requires the training/certification. At least that is my understanding of it. I purchased my SVTF from a non SVT dealership, and this is what they told me.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:03 PM   #4
giantsnyy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14683
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black ZX3 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 1 giantsnyy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
its kinda out of your way, but dayton ford here in jersey is a very good SVT dealership. When i had recurring random stalling problems, one of their guys from the SVT technicians actually took a drive out with me and i explained all the problems.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:16 PM   #5
abominable
Focus Enthusiast

^^^ Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I'll make my way out there if I need some serious work done.

So does an SVT Focus Dealer have SVT technicians?
me: 2004 Ford SVT Focus SCT XCal2 Tuned by Hypnotic, HIA SRI Intake, Steeda Short Throw Shifter, VF Engineering Rear Engine Mount, Ground Wires, Screamin Demon Coil, Livewires 10mm Wires, Copper Core Plugs
fiancée: 2003 Mazda 6s 3.0 V6, MTX, RPM STS Kit
Old 03-23-2005, 08:41 PM   #6
RedSVT 03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9221
What I Drive: 2005 Brilliant Red Audi 2.0T Q

FF Reputation: 1 RedSVT 03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by abominable
^^^ Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I'll make my way out there if I need some serious work done.

So does an SVT Focus Dealer have SVT technicians?
No.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:50 AM   #7
jonrjen

Fan#: 19523
What I Drive: 04 Screamin Yellow/EURO

FF Reputation: 1 jonrjen Good Standing Member
So does an SVT Focus Dealer have SVT technicians? [/B][/QUOTE]

From what I understand the answer is NO. Any dealership was allowed to sell the SVTF beginning in either 03 or 04. This was to expand the sales numbers of the car which were not what Ford was seeing in the first part of production.

This could also be why so many SVTF owners are dis-pleased with the service received at various dealerships. The mechanic who works on your SVT may not know the differences between a Focus and a SVTF. Again, this is also why some dealerships look at you kind of nuts when you ask for your free loan car and a free wash job.

But all is not lost. With the help of forums like this and a few others where we can obtain the needed information, and educate the Dealerships, we can build a strong dealer network for Ford.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:53 AM   #8
abominable
Focus Enthusiast

I'm all for a more educated dealer network, but I don't want them to do the learning on my car.
me: 2004 Ford SVT Focus SCT XCal2 Tuned by Hypnotic, HIA SRI Intake, Steeda Short Throw Shifter, VF Engineering Rear Engine Mount, Ground Wires, Screamin Demon Coil, Livewires 10mm Wires, Copper Core Plugs
fiancée: 2003 Mazda 6s 3.0 V6, MTX, RPM STS Kit
Old 03-24-2005, 08:18 PM   #9
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing MemberWD40 Excellent Standing Member
I don't think that statment is entirely true.
I believe that any Ford dealership is authorized to sell the SVT Focus

My statement was based on my experience at our local Dealer, which is an SVT fOCUS Dealer.
According to the mechanic working on my car, who happens to be a good friend of mine,
they had to have at least one mechanic certified by SVT before they could sell the SVTF.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:21 AM   #10
jonrjen

Fan#: 19523
What I Drive: 04 Screamin Yellow/EURO

FF Reputation: 1 jonrjen Good Standing Member
Not to open a can of worms, but
I had made my statement based off of posting at the SVT persormance site. Back in 10/02 there were a number of post that mentioned that Ford had opened the SVTF line to all dealers. The catch being that they had to order a minimum of three SVTF. With a carrot then hanging out there that should they do so, they could start selling the entire SVT line in 2005. Well here it is 2005, and Ford says they are expanding the SVT line and number of models. Yet there will be no SVT product line for the 2005 model year, unless you count the GT. I have two dealerships near by, with in a few miles of one another, one is and has been selling SVT products from the start. Still has a couple of new early Cobra R sitting on the floor. The other sold only SVTF beginnng in 04 with the expectations of becoming a SVT full line dealership in 05. When I spoke with the Sales Manager (a close friend) he confirmed the above statement as posted back in 02. Said it was a sweet deal for the dealership, because they did not have to certify any mechanics or carry the required parts inventory required by SVT until they were a full line approved SVT dealership.

Bookmarks & Social Networks