Focus Fanatics Forum banner

FUSION Amplifiers

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jayboe123 
#1 ·
Alright, I realize the opinions may vary, but it's been a while since I've done a system. Not SupaNice like you guys, but I am used to the higher quality names like RF, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, etc. Like I said it's been a while, but where did this "FUSION" Amplifier company come from?

Are their Amps any good? Can you put them in the same "class" as the big boys?
Or are they down there with Pyle, LA Sound, BOSS, etc?
Thanks to any opinions!

#2 ·
Taken from their site:

FUSION Electronics Ltd was founded in New Zealand in 1998 as a home grown car audio brand grown out of the Founders passion for cars, music and the surrounding street culture.

That was our battle plan back in 1998 and we’ve succeeded; growing steadily to become the global champion we are today. A global expansion powered by our passion for high quality audio and an unrivaled sense of fun.

Strength in product design coupled with innovative thinking has led to FUSION’s growth into new product categories, and the development of a world-leading marine audio product range to compliment the already strong car audio offering. FUSION is now poised to grow even further, and become a fully fledged global electronics brand.

Since modest beginnings in New Zealand, subsidiaries have now been established in the UK, USA and Australia, with distribution in over 30 countries and strong growth in far-flung territories such as Russia and Tahiti.

More than a decade of growth, expertise and experience in bringing world class audio products to market has put us in great shape for the future. And with the continued support of our customers, we’ll continue to have great times ahead.

FUSION is setting the standard others must follow.

So they are about 15yrs old and are based in New Zealand. I'd probably guess they are better than Pyle, etc. As good as top tier stuff, maybe, maybe not. sometimes not being a "popular" brand has its advantages. but the products seem to look the part if the price was right.

EDIT: One thing that struck me as off is the power ratings, the amps seem to be classified by their max (and totally useless) power ratings, not RMS as they should be.
That being said, the RMS figures are published and still are plenty powerful, just don't go into it expecting a 1600w RMS amp (PF-4001D, for example) for dirt cheap and being upset with its performance when in fact you bought an honest rated 400w amp.

Study the specs!

#3 ·
From my experience, is bang for a buck equipment. Not bad and not great but an all around okay daily amp.

#4 ·
"Can you put them in the same "class" as the big boys?"
that would be a no!

This is there most powerful amp. it says on there website that it is "3200 watts Monoblock", If you look at the specs below the pictures it says Amplifier Type Class-D
Bass Boost @ 45Hz 0 - +18dB
Damping Factor Greater than 200
Frequency Response 10Hz - 250Hz
High and Low Pass Crossover 12dB per Octave
High Level Input Range 1 Volt to 30 Volts
Low Level Input Range 0.35 Volts to 10 Volts
Low Pass Cross Over Range 50Hz - 250Hz
Minimum load impedance 2 Ohm and 4 Ohm in Link Mode
Number of Channels 1
Operating Voltage 10.5 - 16 Volts
Power (Watts) 3200 <supposed power
Power Requirements 12V DC (Negative Ground)
Recommended Minimum Power/Ground 4 Gauge (AWG) Cable
RMS Power Output @ 14.4V 1% THD+N 500W x 1 (@ 4 Ohm)
RMS Power Output @ 14.4V 1% THD+N 800W x 1 (@ 2 Ohm) < that low of an RMS rating is not likely going to produce 3200 watts
Signal to Noise Ratio >50dB
Subsonic Crossover Range 10Hz - 40Hz
Subsonic Filter 12dB per Octave

^^you will also notice that it has two built in 40 amp fuses will usually not do 3200 watts

#5 ·
"Can you put them in the same "class" as the big boys?"
that would be a no!

^^you will also notice that it has two built in 40 amp fuses will usually not do 3200 watts
YES! BUSTED! There's the proof right there, (2) 40a fuses. As I scrolled down in your post, that immediately struck me as odd seeing only (2) 40's for an amp claiming to produce big power. I believe I have my answer.

The website is great for general info, but I wasn't looking for sales pitches & mission statements. I suppose I should have requested usage, technical or experience opinions, but all opinions are welcome. Thanks BigBody, from the numbers I was reading, they did not appear to be in the higher tier with the proven Mfg's.

Thanks fellas

#7 ·
I've seen a few guys with them, and they sounded ok for the average person. Not sure what the setup was though.

The RMS rating doesn't appear to be CEA compliant, so I'd take those numbers with a grain of salt.

What concerns me is "Signal to Noise Ratio >50dB ". This seems awfully low.

#9 ·
ALWAYS stick with the high end name brand stuff, you get what you pay for and you get True Watts, not lies lol. I have a full kenwood setup, kenwd Deck / two 1000 watt kenwd amps / two 12" kenwd subs and baby do they dump hard! Heavy metal on the way to work, sounds like your in the front row at a concert rofl! Name brand FTW!

#11 ·
Fusion is garbage. Even their boxes.

Kenwood isn't anything to write home about.

If your looking for a decent cheaper amp look into T.M.A. or MB Quart. I got my MB Quart for cheap, brand new in box for maybe 65$. Renagade isn't that bad either. I have a Renagade 1000 watt Mono (500 RMS) although I bet it doesn't even touch 500, but it sounds good and I have zero issues with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.