Review: 2013 Ford Focus ST Estate - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #1
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

Points 10,809, Level 68
Points: 10,809, Level: 68 Points: 10,809, Level: 68 Points: 10,809, Level: 68
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Review: 2013 Ford Focus ST Estate

Millbrook has a two mile long high-speed bowl, and that was to be my first driving destination in the ST, to see just how quickly it could be made to merge in my patented “pull out fast in front of a big truck” test.

There were countless Porsches and a Jag F-Type being hooned in the name of journalistic thoroughness when I got there, and before pulling out I let them pass and glide into the distance. I then dropped the hammer in a “textbook” (for me) drag launch, and very soon the 911s started to be reeled in. With safety in mind the Bowl had a 100mph speed limit imposed today, and I very nearly managed to comply with it. Trouble is, in the ST, with 250hp doing its thing, when accelerating through the gears you just want to keep on going.

Official figures quote that sixty arrives in 6.2 seconds, but cold figures against the stopwatch hardly seem to convey just how much performance and flexibility the ST offers. Even in the tall 6th gear, at a high two-figure cruise, there is enough roll-on acceleration to mean something decent; drop down a cog or two at any speed and it’s there aren’t a great many cars that could embarrass the ST too badly.

http://hooniverse.com/2013/05/14/rev...cus-st-estate/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

Fan#: 9730
What I Drive: 01 ZX3RACECAR/04 ST170/13 FST2

Points 2,744, Level 31
Points: 2,744, Level: 31 Points: 2,744, Level: 31 Points: 2,744, Level: 31
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 4 jinstall Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Nice.
2013 Focus ST2 TS NAV SUNROOF-Hers
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.