Employee Cost - X-Plan - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
dutd33
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104381
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 dutd33 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Employee Cost - X-Plan

I just realized that my work place offers that X-Plan program, but I've purchased my Focus back in October 2012 already.

I think I negotiated a pretty good deal on my own, but just out of curiosity, how much of a savings is this X-Plan program? I got my 2012 SEL Focus for $20,500 before taxes.

Thanks.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 slybarman Good Standing Member
I used x plan pricing on my '13 Titanium. The dealer told me that the mark-up on the focus isn't that big, so the savings versus somebody who walks in off the street and negotiates well was maybe only $400 or so.

They said the savings on an Edge or Explorer or other higher cost vehicle is much greater - maybe a few thousand.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
I used x plan pricing on my '13 Titanium. The dealer told me that the mark-up on the focus isn't that big, so the savings versus somebody who walks in off the street and negotiates well was maybe only $400 or so.

They said the savings on an Edge or Explorer or other higher cost vehicle is much greater - maybe a few thousand.
There is more margin than they are letting on, but X plan is much higher than A/Z plan. X is closer to 99.6% of MSRP where as A/Z was at or below the published invoice price excluding the hold back paid back to the dealer.

E.X. sticker price 22,565, a/z price 20 and change before tax, -2000 for a rebate, and the out the door total was near to the price without the rebate due to the taxes.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #4
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
There is more margin than they are letting on, but X plan is much higher than A/Z plan. X is closer to 99.6% of MSRP where as A/Z was at or below the published invoice price excluding the hold back paid back to the dealer.

E.X. sticker price 22,565, a/z price 20 and change before tax, -2000 for a rebate, and the out the door total was near to the price without the rebate due to the taxes.
99.6% eh?

I've got a Focus SE sedan with automatic, reverse sensing, sirius radio, keyless entry pad, and premium paint.

MSRP: $21,015
X Plan is $20,114
95% of MSRP.
Invoice is 94.7% of MSRP on this vehicle.

A/Z plan is $19,283
91.7% of MSRP.

$900 is $900 but still, complaining about $400 seems trivial to me. Just my .02 however. Plus how many people qualify for A/Z plan, not a lot here.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Old 02-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
99.6% eh?

I've got a Focus SE sedan with automatic, reverse sensing, sirius radio, keyless entry pad, and premium paint.

MSRP: $21,015
X Plan is $20,114
95% of MSRP.
Invoice is 94.7% of MSRP on this vehicle.

A/Z plan is $19,283
91.7% of MSRP.

$900 is $900 but still, complaining about $400 seems trivial to me. Just my .02 however. Plus how many people qualify for A/Z plan, not a lot here.
Again it was just for reference, but it was more than a $400 difference in 2012 when I was looking. Sorry, I know I don't sell cars every single day, but since I had qualified for both at the time I was buying a car I took advantage of the better price knowing that there was still some money in the deal for the dealer, but there was no need to be combative about the numbers at the time.

I'm not sure why people like fighting over $100.

It was closer to 4% + 150 over either a plan or over invoice for x plan, but still that can make the difference between going with a better equipped car or a more entry level model.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
ZX4STDoug
I don't care

Fan#: 19367
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang V6 6 speed

FF Reputation: 13 ZX4STDoug Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Here is how X and A plan pricing is calculated, so anyone can make an accurate comparison:

X plan = Dealer Invoice - (0.4% Dealer Invoice) + $275 administrative fee.

Easiest way to calculate X plan pricing is to total Dealer Invoice, multiply that by 0.996, add $275.

X plan "invoice" also includes any regional advertising fees charged to the dealer. These are legitimate charges and are simply passed through to the customer.

X plan sets the maximum limit on document fees (doc fees) to $75, but do check if your state/local law sets a lower maximum. The maximum dealer doc fee under X plan is whichever is less: $75 or your state/local law's maximum.

A plan is dealer invoice - advertising - holdback ( I believe currently 3% of msrp) + $275.00 administrative fee.

Limits on Dealer Documentation fees are the same as X plan.

Of course, any applicable rebates can be applied to either plan, but most bonus offers like the $500 or $750 coupon you may receive in a mailer cannot be combined with AXZD plans.

I sell cars, but not Ford products, but hopefully this clarifies things for you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks