passenger side motor mount problems - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
bigdhill96
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109184
What I Drive: 2008 ford focus ses silver

FF Reputation: 1 bigdhill96 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
passenger side motor mount problems

hey everyone, i have a 2008 ford focus and have had vibration and all the mounts where shot..so i replacedthe left side and dog bone now in the process of changing the passenger side out...my problem is i have the mount and bracket out already, well whenever i went to the parts store and picked up the mount for the passenger side, it was just the mount and not the bracket.. my question is how in the world do u take this mount out of this bracket and how do u install the mount inside this bracket? do they all come this way or is it supposed to be the whole bracket and all? the part i got is Anchor 3103 is the part number...thankSfor the help
btw car is 2008 ford focus 2.0L SES automatic tranny

Old 01-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #2
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 67 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Check the "Driver's Side Motor Mount" thread below by "My beauticious ZX3", it has pictures & descriptions that might help answer your question.

If it doesn't help directly, referring to his pictures may help us know exactly what your issue is....

Luck!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
bigdhill96
Focus Rookie

no that post didnt help....mine is the passenger side....i bought the mount itself but it needs to be installed into the bracket .....i dont know how to install it ...does someone have some pics or way to do it???i have the old bracket already out but i dont see how the new mount goes onto the bracket? anyone know anything about this ??
Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 AM   #4
mikeeshaq
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72526
What I Drive: 2010 Transit Connect

FF Reputation: 15 mikeeshaq Great Standing Member
Go to Ford and buy it there-you will get the whole thing and the mount will be of higher quality

I ALWAYS insist that the old part be returned to me. So when my daughters 2005 Focus had its passenger mount replaced, I took it apart and it was a bear to get it out of the bracket. Seems I remember I had to pry the lip up and beat on something with a huge hammer to get it out.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #5
bigdhill96
Focus Rookie

yes ur exactly right mikeeshaq....u have to pry the darn thing off the bracket its like molded or pressed on and i couldnt find anyways that the new one could be mounted onto the big tower bracket....see oreillys auto part just sold me the mount itself...i need the mount with the big aluminum bracket and all....i just called the ford place and they do carry the mount with the big tower bracket and everything ready to install for the same price the parts store wanted for just the mount itself... so i will be picking it up today and putting it on after i take the part back!! thanks for everyones help
Old 01-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #6
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 67 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Glad you got the right answer!

Sorry I had a "Senior Moment" and was thinking of the wrong side!

That's what comes from recently reading questions from both sides of the pond!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
Thinking O'Reilly's really lost in their electronic catalog on Focus mounts, that problem has been there for awhile. They keep showing wrong year parts for wrong cars. They kept trying to give me incorrect parts also.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->