Thoughts on some mods - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
spiderpig
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107025
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 spiderpig Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thoughts on some mods

I just got my 2013 Ford Focus Titanium in december and am loving it. I'm not a big car guy, but I would like to make it a bit more my own. So I had some thoughts about some mods I wanted to do and wanted to get some opinions on levels of difficultly and suggestion.

So my first idea was to change the pedal covers. For a cool looking car with ambient light it seems like the pedal covers are very bland. I figured I'd get a set with blue in them since my car is performance blue. Any thoughts on removing the existing covers and replacing them? I found in the how to section some tips, but it looked like the just attacked the new covers to the existing ones.

My second idea was a little bolder. I know there is a fix out there that costs 400 bucks that lets you bypass a setting and allows video to be run while the car is driving. I know it had other functions too. But I was thinking of wiring a switch to allow the bypass when needed. My though for this was to have my IPhone output it's video to the 8 inch screen for either video's for the kids or wife - or just be used with my navigation apps as a GPS. I figure this would probably be a bit hard since some paneling would need to be removed and such. The wiring I've done in the past so not to worried about that. Just need to know the wires to do this with.

Third idea was a bit out there for now. But I am a novice flight simulator builder as a hobby and I know some more advanced flight simulators have working HUDS on them. So I was thinking of seeing if I could create a HUD system for the car. Initially I would just want speed...but thinking if I hook up the system with a ODB2 connector I might be able to get more data then just speed (I have a ODB2 wifi setup and some cool Ipad/Iphone apps for it).

So thoughts on this? overall the car is amazing the way it is.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
IngotMK3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 42911
What I Drive: MK3 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 IngotMK3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
ST pedals should swap over - that would be a nice OEM upgrade.

Bookmarks & Social Networks