2005 2.0 Engine/Tranny Compatibilty - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Engine & Transmission Swap

Engine & Transmission Swap The place to chat about any engine and transmission swap.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
rev9k
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106904
What I Drive: 2005 Red Focus ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 rev9k Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2005 2.0 Engine/Tranny Compatibilty

Hey guys. Quick question.
I have a working 2.0 engine and auto tranny from a 2005 Focus ZX4.
I am wondering what years this combo will drop into without much hassle?
Im thinking 2000-2007. Is that correct? Or will this work in the newer 2007-2011 body as well?
Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 06:38 AM   #2
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,391, Level 98
Points: 27,391, Level: 98 Points: 27,391, Level: 98 Points: 27,391, Level: 98
Level Up 5% Completed
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Forum Activity 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The problem is not going to be the engine so much as the computers. Hopefully you get a car with a bad motor, and then you've not no problem swapping. That engine will fit in 05-11 Focis without many issues- provided the car you find has an engine in it. If it doesn't, then you might be missing some parts. 05-07 have the same air cleaner, but the 08+ is different- the MAF is different, then air filter itself is different- yadda yadda yadda.

Your best bet is to find an 05- not so much because that's the engine and trans you have, but because those will be older and you'll probably have better luck finding one with a blown engine.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
rev9k
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106904
What I Drive: 2005 Red Focus ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 rev9k Good Standing Member
Thanks for the reply. I'm not too concerned with having to search for a full vehicle. What I am confused on is the mounts.
I really like the 08-11 styling a lot more and I would be willing to shell out a little more for a newer chassis. I'm just worried that I will have to fab too much to drop it in. I should have been more clear about what I have. The engine and tranny are currently in a running vehicle that I'm going to pull everything put of so I would have everything I need? Will the PCM swap right into the newer chassis? What about the engine side wiring harness?
Thanks so much for the info.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 11,395, Level 70
Points: 11,395, Level: 70 Points: 11,395, Level: 70 Points: 11,395, Level: 70
Level Up 37% Completed
Level up: 37% Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 62 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
The motor & trans will fit w/ no issues. Its the pcm, I'd figure out if the '05 pcm can plug into the '08+ cars. Or you can use the oem pcm on the '05 motor w/ a tune. The '08+ cars use a cam senser on the intake, not sure what it does. Maybe someone else can chime in on that feature.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.